Like Tree1087Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Closed Thread
Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 54 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by njstone9:
    And for those who used Sinovac, will they allow them to use Pfizer for the booster? Because again, they will need to wait several months in between the third jab and what will be a necessary 4th, if they stick with that vaccine?
    People who have taken Sinovac are in the 'vulnerable' and are encouraged to get a Pizer jab - NOW

Original Post Deleted
    Well you have to protect the unvaccinated elderly from their vaccinated carers. I can't think of any other approach.

Selectively enforcing draconian rules obviously works for the regime = correct COVID-19 strategy.

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/12/23/ho...ovid-19-rules/

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto:
    Selectively enforcing draconian rules obviously works for the regime = correct COVID-19 strategy.

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/12/23/ho...ovid-19-rules/
    sorry but I actually find this ‘story’ utter bollocks. They have not been selectively targeted and if they’d played by the rules and ensured people had scanned then they would not be faced with the situation they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    sorry but I actually find this ‘story’ utter bollocks. They have not been selectively targeted and if they’d played by the rules and ensured people had scanned then they would not be faced with the situation they are in.
    It's HKFP. I wouldn't expect them to come up with anything different.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I guess the only way to verify this is to visit a few cafes. Some rigidly enforce checking in while others don't care. Any data published?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzilla:
    It's HKFP. I wouldn't expect them to come up with anything different.
    Are there any factual errors in the HKFP article?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Are there any factual errors in the HKFP article?
    Is there a list of establishments that have been penalised and do we know the owners and their political views? Without that it seems pure conjecture.
    East_coast likes this.

HKs latest ridiculous travel rules are having their desired effect.- pretty soon airlines that aren’t on a 2 week ban either will be on that ban or just pull the route themselves completely. I’m resigned to a lengthy UK stay and I’m already on the case with work and tax matters for both them and me.

Cathay now banned for 2 weeks from London

hullexile and Tandy like this.

I should add that being stuck I can handle, tightening incoming travel requirements I can handle. What I still can’t fathom is the authorities clear reluctance to do anything other than pay lip service to the unvaccinated. You can bet your life when Omi is out in the community the measures that will be out in place will be identical whether vaxxed or not.

hike likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 54 ... LastLast