Like Tree1045Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    sorry but I actually find this ‘story’ utter bollocks. They have not been selectively targeted and if they’d played by the rules and ensured people had scanned then they would not be faced with the situation they are in.
    I guess the only way to verify this is to visit a few cafes. Some rigidly enforce checking in while others don't care. Any data published?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzilla:
    It's HKFP. I wouldn't expect them to come up with anything different.
    Are there any factual errors in the HKFP article?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Are there any factual errors in the HKFP article?
    Is there a list of establishments that have been penalised and do we know the owners and their political views? Without that it seems pure conjecture.
    East_coast likes this.

HKs latest ridiculous travel rules are having their desired effect.- pretty soon airlines that aren’t on a 2 week ban either will be on that ban or just pull the route themselves completely. I’m resigned to a lengthy UK stay and I’m already on the case with work and tax matters for both them and me.

Cathay now banned for 2 weeks from London

hullexile and Tandy like this.

’m resigned to a lengthy UK stay
    Update your username then. It’s misleading.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

I should add that being stuck I can handle, tightening incoming travel requirements I can handle. What I still can’t fathom is the authorities clear reluctance to do anything other than pay lip service to the unvaccinated. You can bet your life when Omi is out in the community the measures that will be out in place will be identical whether vaxxed or not.

hike likes this.

When those unvaccinated start panicking they won't be able to just go out and immediately be at the same level of protection as the vaccinated. It'll take months and there will be queues for the vaccine slots as well.

I should add that being stuck I can handle, tightening incoming travel requirements I can handle. What I still can’t fathom is the authorities clear reluctance to do anything other than pay lip service to the unvaccinated. You can bet your life when Omi is out in the community the measures that will be out in place will be identical whether vaxxed or not.
    Really?

Why the hell can’t you fathom it, it’s been pointed out countless times.

It’s all fucking politics - shitty politics - including the targetting of openly yellow business. HK makes an entire legal system out of selectively enforcing rules and you STILL don’t get it? FFS! Open your eyes!

The government has been incentivising old bastards for decades to vote: Gving them rice, bussing them to polling stations buying them lunchboxes giving them cash even.

The old bastards are the government support base, their only support base, they’re not gonna do anything to upset those dumbass, superstitious, barely-educated mill stones.

What’s more, staying closed suits China’s agenda, as if that weren’t obvious.

Merry Flipping Christmas!
    mrgoodkat, Gatts, Plutark and 2 others like this.

sorry but I actually find this ‘story’ utter bollocks. They have not been selectively targeted and if they’d played by the rules and ensured people had scanned then they would not be faced with the situation they are in.
    Actually, in my experience no one plays by the rules for this silly app. It's all well and good that bureaucrats sitting in offices with fat paychecks made this app, but the people on the ground are not really bothered. (Except the odd overly enthusiastic server, who I may have lost my temper with.)

I don't think "blue" or "yellow" establishments are any different. Go to any place and find people not "following the rules".
    njstone9 and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Actually, in my experience no one plays by the rules for this silly app. It's all well and good that bureaucrats sitting in offices with fat paychecks made this app, but the people on the ground are not really bothered. (Except the odd overly enthusiastic server, who I may have lost my temper with.)

I don't think "blue" or "yellow" establishments are any different. Go to any place and find people not "following the rules".
    agreed on the last sentence. My point is that it is not just pro establishment places that have been slapped with 2 week orders. Also if I was running a chain where one establishment had been hit with an order I think I would be putting in measures to ensure the other places comply. It is not hard. Try getting into Mistys or Taboo without scanning.

Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast