Like Tree1087Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 ... LastLast

The simple fact remains that there is mountains of evidence of them specifically targeting the yellow camp and there is also some evidence of them specifically targeting yellow restaurants using Covid as a cover. (Eye witness reports primarily)

I’ve seen it myself to some degree the police hanging around outside the yellow’s and ID’ind young folk who look to go in. That I have never seen it for blue restaurants doesn’t mean it’s never happened there, but we all know, it’s clear to see. FYI live in Sheung wan which is a bit of a hot bed of yellow establishments) they used to advertise the fact, no longer, but all the locals know which is which as do the police.

The main point is, that even if it was safe for HKFP to attempt to go collating and reporting data directly on police bias it’s simply not something it’s worth spending large amounts of time on.

We all know it’s the case already, it’s a given.

https://www.economist.com/the-world-...on-the-horizon

I'm glad for the sufferers of all of the Long Covid symptoms that hope is on the horizon, but I'm also glad that HK gave this whole thing a hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I'm not going to go down this rabbit hole, but it's not even the establishment/owner/manager/workers fault if some customers have managed to not be actively logged in while dining.
    In New South Wales if a restaurant/cafe fails to enforce QR check-ins they will get the big fine from the police.

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    In New South Wales if a restaurant/cafe fails to enforce QR check-ins they will get the big fine from the police.
    Don’t let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. I’m sure it can’t be that hard to get a list of all the HK establishments served with a 2 week enforcement notice and a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Don’t let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. I’m sure it can’t be that hard to get a list of all the HK establishments served with a 2 week enforcement notice and a fine.
    Careful you are not allowed to question or challenge the party line. If it is written then it is true.
    hongkongmusic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    ... but I'm also glad that HK gave this whole thing a hard pass.
    It's not over until the Fat Carrie sings.

Australia and NZ thought they got the hard pass too.
    Sage, TheBrit and Tandy like this.

For Carrie's sake, 175 new cases = critical.

Wait till they get 1.75 million. Or 10.75 million. Or 100 million.

Sage and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    For Carrie's sake, 175 new cases = critical.

Wait till they get 1.75 million. Or 10.75 million. Or 100 million.
    I think this situation is exactly what they are trying to avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    I think this situation is exactly what they are trying to avoid?
    Between Zhong Nanshan, Guan Yi, and YKY, isn’t the message that it is unavoidable?

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 ... LastLast