Like Tree1045Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But have they declared the pandemic over? Have any of them removed all restrictions? Are any of them saying whatever happens restrictions of some form will never return? If the pandemic is over then restrictions should be lifted and permanently.
    See replies from Edward and Katherine above

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That is clearly the way the world is moving and always was going to. You jumped the gun from signs we are moving that way to declaring many countries were already there and had declared this to be the case. You have been predicting an immanent return to normal since this started. Eventually you will be correct and then we will surely hear about it from you.
    That is clearly the way the world has moved and I was not premature, in fact bang on the money (thus far- nothing is guaranteed 'forever') as cases, deaths and hospitalisations have only consistenlty declined since I made my pronouncement on behalf of the entire world. (you're welcome, no need to thank me)
    Last edited by Sage; 10-10-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    So the resident maskless warrior hasn't even been abroad to see for themselves? Too cowardly or just too busy waking around HK with a shit-eating grin thinking he's moving the needle of public opinion about a loosely enforced law that no one gives a shit about?

You give a shit about it, I can feel the seething resentment that my maskless "shit eating grin" is big enough to see across town.

And yes, too busy making hay thanks.... when I fly out of HK there will be no quarantine on my horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    I think that many places are returning to a new normal but it's not what I'd call business as usual. Mask wearing inside, hand sanitizing, glove wearing, vaccine passports are not going away anytime soon. ....blah.... blah
    Ha ha knew it, you're one of the OCD brigade! Which is why normality terrifies you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Ha ha knew it, you're one of the OCD brigade! Which is why normality terrifies you!
    Are you on acid today or something? You are going insane...literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    See replies from Edward and Katherine above
    Citation still needed... anecdotal reports of reduced measures are not definitive proof of your assertions.

I am as fed up with COVID as the next keyboard warrior but you don't help yourself by making unfounded claims.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak:
    Citation still needed... anecdotal reports of reduced measures are not definitive proof of your assertions.

I am as fed up with COVID as the next keyboard warrior but you don't help yourself by making unfounded claims.
    That it is accepted that evidence on the ground is compelling enough to draw the conclusion that the pandemic is over is ample for me thanks.

That covid has melted into the background doesn't sell papers (generate impressions) which is exactly why those seeking to be contrarian demand such proof.

I assume that unlike the box-o-rocks, you're smart enough to know politicians have little to gain by such announcements, but they have been made in some places none-the-less, whilst in many more, actions speak louder than words.

By all means, wait for the WHO to validate what I proclaimed a year earlier, but you'll be amongst the last to be plugged in if you do.

[Was supposed to quote Coolboy's post.]

I reread Aramis' post and I have to agree with you. Aramis is only stating the regular measures that most governments are recommending, not necessarily his own regiment, although wise things to do aside from the glove wearing.

Rejoice, HK's quarantine policy are set to become even more insane:

https://twitter.com/jgriffiths/statu...86999866810370

AsianXpat0 likes this.

For anyone following HK's strategy, these last fews days have shown that our strategy is not just wrong, it's also cruel and capricous. The insistence that the poor sods on the BA flight all extend their quarantine hotels by a day (while in a place with very limited communication) after they spent 40 hours on the plane was bad enough. Rumours have it that some who could not extend are now in Penny Bay (I have not verified such rumours). In other news, a guy who took a step outside his door to put his large bags of rubbish into the corridor is now also in Penny Bay, after the Marriott Courtyard staff took it upon themselves to send the CCTV video to the health dept. What kind of moronic response is it, for someone just putting their rubbish out to get sent to Penny Bay? The punishment does not fit the crime. The staff at Marriott have totally destroyed their brands reputation for quality. Nobody here applies any compassion or common sense. They seem to have totally forgotten that these are INNOCENT PEOPLE who have committed NO CRIMES and are also all RESIDENTS OF HONG KONG - not some kind of alien scum. It's disgusting to watch. (And hard not to watch, when you sit in a quarantine hotel with nothing better to do all day).

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    For anyone following HK's strategy, these last fews days have shown that our strategy is not just wrong, it's also cruel and capricous. The insistence that the poor sods on the BA flight all extend their quarantine hotels by a day (while in a place with very limited communication) after they spent 40 hours on the plane was bad enough. Rumours have it that some who could not extend are now in Penny Bay (I have not verified such rumours). In other news, a guy who took a step outside his door to put his large bags of rubbish into the corridor is now also in Penny Bay, after the Marriott Courtyard staff took it upon themselves to send the CCTV video to the health dept. What kind of moronic response is it, for someone just putting their rubbish out to get sent to Penny Bay? The punishment does not fit the crime. The staff at Marriott have totally destroyed their brands reputation for quality. Nobody here applies any compassion or common sense. They seem to have totally forgotten that these are INNOCENT PEOPLE who have committed NO CRIMES and are also all RESIDENTS OF HONG KONG - not some kind of alien scum. It's disgusting to watch. (And hard not to watch, when you sit in a quarantine hotel with nothing better to do all day).
    Not forgetting the French woman with appendicitis, that was torture.

Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast