Like Tree1045Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I do. She is the one paid to lead.
    Is the leader of the Administering of Administrative Affairs the leader of Hong Kong. She states she only leads HK Gov not HK.

In my term of office, I will lead the HKSAR Government in continuing to implement the principle of 'One Country, Two Systems', 'Hong Kong people administering Hong Kong'

https://www.ceo.gov.hk/eng/

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Is the leader of the Administering of Administrative Affairs the leader of Hong Kong. She states she only leads HK Gov not HK.

In my term of office, I will lead the HKSAR Government in continuing to implement the principle of 'One Country, Two Systems', 'Hong Kong people administering Hong Kong'

https://www.ceo.gov.hk/eng/
    Unmeaning waffle. She was 'elected' on a very high salary to be in charge or at least pretend to be and therefore the buck stops with her. Of course the Hong Kong people might be in charge in which case they are making a complete fuck up.
    shri likes this.

[QUOTE=East_coast;3859751]Is the leader of the Administering of Administrative Affairs the leader of Hong Kong. She states she only leads HK Gov not HK.

The Oath of the Chief Executive
    I , swear that, in the office of Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, I will uphold the Basic Law of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, bear allegiance to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China and serve the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region conscientiously, dutifully, in full accordance with the law, honestly and with integrity, and be held accountable to the Central People's Government of the People's Republic of China and the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    I , swear
    I fully understand that. With those Covid policies I also swear a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    As long as the govt at fault argument doesn't drift into 'the poor old folk, so confused and helpless' position - as it does seem to amongst bleeding heart types.

The govt (both HK and BJ) are at fault
    The old twats are at fault
    Doctors are at fault
    Their families are at fault
    Stupid Chinese culture is at fault.

The only way this argument has any further to run is if someone can be arsed to assign a percentage of fault to each group, but that really would be an argument to nowhere.

Suffice to say, we're all better than they are (and more alive) and that's exactly how things should be.
    I do not like the profanities, but I do agree with your reasoning.

[QUOTE=dynamco;3859767]

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

I , swear that, in the office of Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, I will uphold the Basic Law of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, bear allegiance to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China and serve the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region conscientiously, dutifully, in full accordance with the law, honestly and with integrity, and be held accountable to the Central People's Government of the People's Republic of China and the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
    Serve rather than lead.

[QUOTE=East_coast;3859777]

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:

Serve rather than lead.
    "I will LEAD the HKSAR government..."

Another strange line of argument you have got into as in several threads recently. You taken up recreational drugs?

Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast