0 0%
  • None of the above; please specify

6 50.00%
Like Tree29Likes

Who will be the next Chief Executive?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    This could be an interesting move. Effectivity sticking a well known pro-BJ token foreign immigrant in to try to cool down tensions or take some of the heat off BJ (he's not real Chinese la). But theres not really anything in it for him.
    Theoretically I agree it's interesting. But how likely? Not very in my opinion. Beijing will never allow a non-Chinese to be the CE, no matter how pro-establishment he or she is. It smacks too much of the colonial era when a foreign Brit is the governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Theoretically I agree it's interesting. But how likely? Not very in my opinion. Beijing will never allow a non-Chinese to be the CE, no matter how pro-establishment he or she is. It smacks too much of the colonial era when a foreign Brit is the governor.
    Not only that. They want full loyalty, immediate obediance and enough leverage should those first two not work out. Impossible in Zeman's case. It would also not be conform with the domestic messaging why a foreign white man was made leader in a Chinese territory.
    Coolboy, aw451 and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Alan Zeman is Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Alan Zeman is Chinese.
    Not to Beijing I suspect.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.