Like Tree68Likes

Refused boarding without an express PCR test at airport

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by macNcheese:
    @Sage...the german test was only used to check in with Cathay and board the flight
    I don’t think you can even post on CX’s FB page anymore.... add the cost of the rapid test to the whole monumental procedure and you have one big rip off, just as it was before the 2nd test.

I checked into a lufthansa flight to HK with a similar setting as well...but it seems Cathay has its own standards
    Can you elaborate? Your test result was in English or German? Looks like a result in German language would not be acceptable to the HK Gov. - but seems like you made it back to here.

I am just curious, but seems like those rules will stay with us for a long, long time.

1. You’re right to feel aggrieved (lack of logic and flexibility). [Most important to you but not the situation] I’m sure you have everyone’s sympathy on that.
    2. Imo, counter staff acted correctly in informing you promptly of their interpretation of reality (you seemed to prefer they pretend to look before dismissing you).
    3. There’s no point taking out your frustration on forum members giving their best faith opinions.
    4. To your original question. No, there’s nothing you can do. You can try, given stronger EU consumer laws at that end, but the common sense reading given the current information provided is you got the short end of the stick but have to be the one to live with it.
    5. It may help you to focus on being grateful you managed to catch the flight!
    6. HK is going to be a very dangerous place for you if you only consider what’s logical and not what authorities (at whatever level) demand. At the very least it will be endless frustration, so be advised.

mexmon and Jillypots like this.

Get on the FB QT group search and find out just how many people have been denied boarding with ENGLISH documents!

You're bloody lucky you were able to get another test then and there, many airports don't have that option. I had 2, yes 2, ISO 15XXX certificates (wasn't sure which was right for the lab) along with my PCR test result, I took zero chances with these as I had done my research and knew the pitfalls.

Expecting airline staff to scroll through Google translated websites is quite onerous and a pie in the sky presumption, imagine if they had to do that for 100+ passengers?! Again consider yourself lucky you made it and have a hotel, many struggling to get back for a long time and many more have had/are in way more nightmarish situations than the one you've described.

Your frustration should be directed at the obscene QT rules in place not the airlines struggling to keep up with them.

shri and misshappy26 like this.

@happy_camper : Test results in both cases were in English. It is the documentary proof that the lab is authorized that I couldn't produce in English because no lab will hand me a copy of theirs nor will issue one in English and the moroccan authorities have their website's official list of authorized labs (that is in French because it is from Morocco..and it is a list of names.This was enough for CHP and lufthansa but not Cathay oh well I learned that lesson...

Thank you all for your input..I will see with Cathay

Last edited by macNcheese; 24-10-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    What is this about CHP accepting your test ? There are no procedure they require your test result in hk.. so anything that they say on looking at your test result is not relevant.
    The CHP checks your PCR before issuing your quarantine order...otherwise why would airlines be so damn picky about PCR related papers

@happy_camper : Test results in both cases were in English. It is the documentary proof that the lab is authorized that I couldn't produce in English because no lab will hand me a copy of theirs nor will issue one in English and the moroccan authorities have their website's official list of authorized labs (that is in French because it is from Morocco..and it is a list of names.This was enough for CHP and lufthansa but not Cathay oh well I learned that lesson...

Thank you all for your input..I will see with Cathay
    find someone that has successfully been permitted entry with the certification in a language other than English or Chinese. Cathay have a lot of faults. Doing their job in this instance isn’t one of them. Maybe a kind hearted civil servant on arrival would wave it through but Facebook can cite plenty of examples of the other. Hundreds if not thousand and dealing with the absurd rules on a daily basis. You didn’t.

How much money are we talking about ? Just be grateful you could get on the plane and you don't have covid.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    How much money are we talking about ? Just be grateful you could get on the plane and you don't have covid.
    He wouldn’t say, so I looked it up.
    I guess 279 is the answer

https://www.centogene.com/covid-19/t...t-airport.html

You weren’t refused boarding. Cathay very kindly told you how to correctly fulfil the requirements, you did that and caught the flight. A happy ending but I can understand that you are now trying to entertain yourself in quarantine.