Like Tree68Likes

Refused boarding without an express PCR test at airport

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

I sympathize with you but as others have already stated: “rules are rules”, You should known that this is especially painstakingly true for Hong Kong and China (no matter how ridiculous). CXP can simply not afford the risk to be penalized. I would get in touch with CXP and explain what happened and see if they are willing to help you out. Based on many years flying with CXP , delayed flights and subsequent excuses to not compensate me for those delays …. I wouldn’t keep my hopes up if I were you, but it is a nice quarantine therapy I guess.

Coolboy, macNcheese and Jillypots like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    You weren’t refused boarding. Cathay very kindly told you how to correctly fulfil the requirements, you did that and caught the flight. A happy ending but I can understand that you are now trying to entertain yourself in quarantine.
    Now don't take the piss. Cathay didn't do anything kindly, they did everything to cover their own arse and fulfil their basic contract (barely) and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Now don't take the piss. Cathay didn't do anything kindly, they did everything to cover their own arse and fulfil their basic contract (barely) and nothing more.
    They have been far better for people travelling to HK than most other airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Agreed. But what will be left of CX when this pandemic is "over" (over in the sense that most travel restrictions will be lifted and most people have immunity to Covid).

Quote Originally Posted by macNcheese:
    The CHP checks your PCR before issuing your quarantine order...otherwise why would airlines be so damn picky about PCR related papers
    CHP checks your PCR resulted done in HK before issuing you a quarantine order.. CHP does not care what kind of PCR test you have done in any country you came from (unless you are from mainland or macau)..

The test/lab condition were given for some reason that is not for us to comment.. everyone been thinking it is ridiculously strict but it has been set.. just like any laws and regulation.. and its up to cathay to risk getting that flight banned for 2 weeks if they did something that their lawyer is unable to argue they did correctly.... should CX take that risk ?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Than some other airlines, namely BA for sure, But then, they are a Hong Kong-based airline with thousands of Chinese staff and connections directly to the government, of course they’re gonna know the super anal system here better than Competitors.

What part of English is not an official language don't you understand. It seems to me that your understanding is as obtuse as Cathay's . But I get where you coming from..they write get an official document that can be from a printed web page if the country in question never publishes health related announcements in English you are basically screwed and have to travel to do your PCR to cater to Cathay's view of the world and yours as evidenced by your not so helpful comments.

Anybody with some sense can read a google translated official webpage and can click to download the list and see that the lab that performed the PCR test and issued a result in English is on that official list . They just didn't want to bother and do this.

My question is...once again can I claim something here seeing how Hong Kong CHP authorities accepted the moroccan test result with the lab list ( I never used the german test except for boarding) ?
    Your answer again - no, you cannot.

Airlines only follow rules.

The OP is extremely lucky to have made it to HK. The OP is completely right to complain, as this will tighten any loopholes within the airline industry. Commendations to OP for bringing up these issues.

Other travellers would have had to endure further hardships, such as arranging new tests, accommodation and flights.

After you get released from your quarantine hotel, please go protest in front of Cathy City next to the Airport. Tell them they suck

Jillypots likes this.

I tried to pass the HK CHP check with my moroccan test and the official list coming from the website and they accepted it. Since they are the authority that set these rules in the first place shouldn't the airline not only follow what they say but also respect what they themselves state on their website ( documentary proof can be printed from an official website...Morocco's health ministry's website will only have french as an official language that's close enough to english)
    You already got in HK.
    What are you trying to accomplish? You want a cookie from Cathay?

Airlines are liable for anything that goes wrong and they get heavy fines.
    It's only natural that they have a more "strict" interpretation of the same rules that the airport people follow.
    OTOH, you're already in HK. It does nobody any good to split hairs at the airport and hold up the lines. Their job is to process you and make sure you are not infected at that moment, not to double check airline procedures. Unless something went wrong, like you tested positive, they are not going to double check the airline check in process.
    You got luck.
    Last edited by mpbk; 25-10-2021 at 06:21 PM.
    walkup likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5