Like Tree238Likes

26/Oct - New Isolation and Quarantine Protocols

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Does this apply even if you are asymptomatic or mild?
    Yep …. As far as I could tell it is …. Very effective way to isolate Hong Kong even further from the world. Nobody in his/her right mind will risk a further 14 days isolation on top of quarantine if you happen to test positive for Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Does this apply even if you are asymptomatic or mild?
    Every case in HK is asymptomatic this is just the twats being twats.
    hongkong7, shri, Flapster and 2 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yellow fever.

This place is turning to shit. They have added a lot of fish eye camera down my building (what for, I dont know why), I managed to take a pic of the box and saw that these are smart camera with a microphone, night vision etc... None of the flat owners seemed to have been notified about it. The maker of these cameras is a partially state owned enterprise. We are turning into a police state.

More seriously, I think the media do not explain the situation to people who want to move here. They cover the re-education camps, taiwan, Australia in relation to China. But HK? There were the protests a while ago but Covid took over (convenient isn't it?). We are inside and have seen the degradation. I'm more surprised they still approve visa for foreigners.

:-(

hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Spotted on twitter. I have put a feeling this Cowlings is about to get replaced with a more compliant fella...
    It goes two ways.

It would also lower the risk of virus spreading in the community due to possible re-positive situation.

We were thinking of biting the bullet and going somewhere over Christmas -- somewhere not where our families are because that would mean 21 days quarantine. But now, with the threat of this extensive lockup... the only option again and again seems to be to pack up and leave. I hope they'll be able find some good patriotic English teachers for the rich kids. Heaven forbid they not be able to go get a university degree in a democratic country.

Anyway, why is anyone surprised. Expect worse to come... because the rhetoric has been that Hong Kong's outbreak of 0 cases is dangerous to the Mainland with periodic outbreaks.
    mucaari, shri, bigtooth81 and 5 others like this.

On the subject of reduced quarantine exemptions, the Chamber of Commerce reveals what is really important to its constituents.

However, he believes that it will not cause the relevant companies to suspend or withdraw from Hong Kong, and believes that the impact on foreign financial institutions will not be affected. Big, and described the new arrangement as acceptable "labor pains."
    He continued that many foreign businessmen have also set up offices in Hong Kong. Even if high-level personnel cannot arrive in Hong Kong, they can still handle company affairs. However, there are many affairs in the Mainland that need to be handled in person, including bank procedures and renewal of license plates. Therefore, the industry attaches great importance to it. Gradually clear customs with the mainland.
    https://std.stheadline.com/realtime/article/1767441/

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    This place is turning to shit... We are turning into a police state.
    Turning into? Maybe the shit part is debatable but it's been a police state already for a long, long time.

Spotted in The Standard..

The lifting of the quarantine exemptions changes the plot not just for Kidman but also foreign business executives.

When HSBC chairman Mark Tucker or his financial peers fly in the next time for economic summits, they will have to bring forward their itinerary by up to three weeks for quarantine isolation.

The short-term pains are bound to disappoint foreign chambers of commerce.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...necessary-step

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not that I necessarily agree with the extended quarantine, but why do I struggle to have sympathy for some senior executive at a megabank over their prolonged quarantine?
    Elegiaque and hongkong7 like this.

Tucker did his quarantine last time round. Nicole arrived and left while he was doing his time. She clearly has better fixers.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast