Like Tree163Likes

3rd Dose For Everyone - 1/1/22 & After Effects

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

I think the PRC govt have asked for WHO to recognise Sinovac/Sinopharm so that other countries would recognise it. There would then be reciprocity in China also extending vaccine recognition to non-chinese manufactured vaccines. Goes both ways, I guess, since a Chinese person who got sinopharm isnt allowed into France as it's not recognised. We just dont have that population represented on Geo :-) One of my colleagues has to go to the UK, get a 'recognised' vax so that he can go to France.

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Hong Kong first dose vaccination rate has just been ovetaken by Iran, is about to be overtaken by Vietnam, and you guys are talking about 3rd dose now? Get your priorities right and get the first shot first!! It's an embarrasment that HK vaccination rate is so low.

Attachment 85217
    Explain to me why locals who don't have the means or desire to travel should get vaccinated. There is no Covid epidemic in Hong Kong and hasn't been for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Explain to me why locals who don't have the means or desire to travel should get vaccinated. There is no Covid epidemic in Hong Kong and hasn't been for months now.
    Because, some day, somewhere at some point in time... someone from overseas will come in, visit someone in their old age home and Thanos them.

After the CCP session next year, the borders will be thrown open or maybe even earlier in some limited form.

But yeah.. they have another year to get the gen 2 of the vaccination..

Meanwhile let them do everything to fuck up everything international about this place ... you know, because their next two or three generations do not need to travel anywhere and are sooo happy with closed borders and 21 day quarantine and shit...

Explain to me why locals who don't have the means or desire to travel should get vaccinated
    Why are there more locals in Iran that dont have the means or desire to travel getting vaccinated, than there are HK locals?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Why are there more locals in Iran that dont have the means or desire to travel getting vaccinated, than there are HK locals?
    Why should we trust vaccination rates coming from Iran of all places. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Because, some day, somewhere at some point in time... someone from overseas will come in, visit someone in their old age home and Thanos them.

After the CCP session next year, the borders will be thrown open or maybe even earlier in some limited form.

But yeah.. they have another year to get the gen 2 of the vaccination..

Meanwhile let them do everything to fuck up everything international about this place ... you know, because their next two or three generations do not need to travel anywhere and are sooo happy with closed borders and 21 day quarantine and shit...
    According to the SCMP, the borders could be opened from next month, albeit on a quota basis.

You just need one spreader.

Just one.

Transmission is by air.

Air is all around us.

You breathe, don't you?

Quota basis is a bogus border opening.. Wait till they let the dance instructors in for the deprived grannies and grandpas.

blandy62 and Cheeky Kiwi like this.

Why should we trust vaccination rates coming from Iran of all places. LOL.
    Substitute "Iran" for any one of 60+ countries that now have higher vaccination rates than HK. Iran was an example because they happened to overtake HK this week. Next week, Vietnam will overtake HK.

Anyway, my point is quite simple. 3rd booster shots are great, but a bigger problem is all the idiots that havent had first or second yet.
    JAherbert and Jillypots like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Omg : so I got to get a sinovac as a booster to use my apec card? Lol
    Whatever
    it can't get any stupider can it ?
    NEVER SAY THIS. HK masters in stupidity.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Don't forget there was also the rumour going around for much of the first half of the year that travel to the Mainland IF you had Sinovac... I know a good few people (my colleague with family there for example) that new it wasn't as good as Biontech BUT chose it to be able to travel home. Fat lot of good that did him...
    Although it makes pretty much zero difference if you are a Chinese national, it's not entirely false for everybody else. If you don't otherwise have a valid visa to China, then taking Sinovac makes the visa application process vastly easier for business travellers (no need to get those damned PU letters). It makes an even bigger difference for family travel as without Sinovac that would only be possible in the event of death of an immediate family member.

https://www.mfa.gov.cn/ce/cohk//eng/vtc/t1863638.htm

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast