Like Tree87Likes

Selfish Masks, HEPA Filters and ...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Selfish bastards wearing selfish masks! /sarcasm/whatever (as people tend to think I'm being apologetic towards shit...)

"What's special about these valve masks, is that they are masks that are a bit selfish. In other words, it filters what a person breathes in, but when you breathe out through this valve, it doesn't filter well," he told reporters.

The expert said he's advised airport and quarantine hotel staff to ask inbound travellers wearing a valve mask to change into a surgical mask.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...3-20211122.htm

What is the difference between the valve mask and the surgical mask ?
    surgical masks still has air leakage( It has to..otherwise where would the air go)...and you see the covid doctors wearing N95 masks , not surgical masks...so how can surgical masks be better than valve masks ?

What has masks valve or not, got to do with it in a hotel setting ? Whent they open the door to take the sample up your nose, you have to take the whole mask off right ?

"The expert said he's advised airport and quarantine hotel staff to ask inbound travellers wearing a valve mask to change into a surgical mask."

right...remove YOUR WHOLE MASK ! to change into a surgical mask.... smart thing to do is to make them wear a surgical mask OVER the valve mask.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Go buy selfish mask on HKTVMall, 99$ for 1

Our wonderful expert pushing air purifiers !

ahem....most air purifiers do not catch the virus because the virus is exremely small.

Has the expert heard of IQ air ? which was used in sars..and used in a homes for those with allergies or chidldren and which cost $14,000 a machine compared to the $1000 air purifier.

An IQ air purifier filter costs 3K compared to a $300 air purifier for a machine that costs around $1.5 K

There is a reason why this air purifier cost $14K.......because what goes in stays in........

I'm not pushing the product but air purifiers ain't gonna save them unless it is top of the range ones...Next policy, everyone staying in Quarantine hotel must pay for an air purifier...

I didn't know I was even supposed to wear a mask when I opened the door to grab my food and dump my trash. It honestly never even occurred to me, nor did I see any rules saying I was supposed to wear a mask (and there were plenty of rules to read, read them all as I didn't want to screw anything up). Not sure how dominant the strain is that the first positive case had but I can conceive of a world in which two people have the same strain of virus and one did NOT infect the other...

I will post below a video about hotel quarantine in Australia where cross-infection is the norm...(parody video and yet actual facts...).

ahem....most air purifiers do not catch the virus because the virus is exremely small.
    A lot of the approved devices are HEPA standard. From little I know a lot of this filtering is about removing the air particles that the virus are on ... droplets from breathing, sneezing, coughing, burping and farting etc.

IQAir is listed on here .. but is waaaaaaaaay overpriced for what it is (essentially a HEPA filter)...

https://www.fehd.gov.hk/english/lice...on.pdf?noembed

So this parody video shows how hotel breaches caused the outbreaks in Sidney back in July and why, in general, hotel quarantines are not exactly a great solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0zFEtPbiA

HK_Katherine likes this.

I hear fine gentlemen/women in blue shirts and trousers are walking around to issue "tickets" to people not wearing masks while out in the open (not closed space or indoors). Meanwhile, this sums it up.

https://youtu.be/il-5HVmmMXE

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket:
    I hear fine gentlemen/women in blue shirts and trousers are walking around to issue "tickets" to people not wearing masks while out in the open (not closed space or indoors).
    Is this a new/recent level of enforcement?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast