Like Tree82Likes

Dec 2021 - Group A+ Arrivals - 7 Day Pennys Bay Quarantine

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

It’s definitely not ideal I’ll give you that!

When - not if - the UK gets moved to A+, the shit will hit the fan...

There's no Wifi at PB - seems trivial, actually pretty important for people who need to work, communicate with family/friends/colleagues, or just get access to entertainment in their rooms.

The HK government isn't in the business of ramping down quarantine requirements, so assume once you're in A+, you're there for months.

hullexile, shri and hongkong7 like this.

You get SIM cards- pretty sure they give them out for free- for getting Internet access. So at least there are ways to get online.

Best Western and Ramada seem slightly more hellish.

But pretty sure they start sending to non-Penny's Bay centers, then the screaming will really begin...or else limiting arrivals even more severely, right in time for Lunar New Year...

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I would not say I’m delighted with it but I’m trying think of it another way (no particular order)

1) 7 days cost saving
    2) Among the bad reports at PB there’s general consensus that the food is better than some qt hotels
    3) open windows helps (though I have that in last year and my next QT hotel)
    4) the change of scenery after the first seven days and a little bit of fresh air however minimal

some may call it clutching at straws. I’d prefer to look at it as making the best of things.

having done QT before one thing I’m certain of is going into it with a positive attitude

I’m still hanging onto faint hopes of the government realising the futility of this policy but the reality is the die has been cast. I only wish they would direct 10 percent of the energy and costs of this zero Covid ridiculousness with either getting the elderly vaxxed or scrapping ALL exceptions for the non vaxxed. While they are about it they could also do with striking off anti Vax doctors that seem to be handing out exemptions like confetti
    Totally agree about action against unjustified exemption from vaccination .would like to see some of the ridiculous exemptions tested at the medical council . Although lately seeing fewer nonsense certification .

Wine & Gourmet food

A spokesperson from the Hong Kong Monetary Authority told the Financial Times on Tuesday that senior officials had “from their own pockets . . . sent confectioneries to a handful of executives under quarantine as a token of personal regard”.
    Local officials in November revoked quarantine exemptions for some groups, including senior business executives and bankers, to “plug loopholes” in a bid to satisfy Chinese authorities amid discussions about resuming some quarantine-free travel between Hong Kong and the mainland, which could happen as early as this month.

“Hopefully, they will be less angry about Hong Kong’s [strict quarantine measures],” Yue told the local publication, adding that some executives had recently sent him “thank you” letters in response.

https://www.ft.com/content/a1c387a1-...3-fb3af1dcbf0d

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8