Like Tree126Likes

How many here will take a 3rd booster shot?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Got my Moderna booster about 10 days ago. The initial reaction (soreness, chills, brain fog) was more severe, but the side effects didn't linger quite as long than the first two shots. I'm gearing up for this to be a regular thing. Delta, Omicron, what-ever-is-next . . . we're in a long-term immuno-arms race with COVID.

Hoping to get mine later this week. Sorry I know I should look but is international travel a valid reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Hoping to get mine later this week. Sorry I know I should look but is international travel a valid reason?
    I just booked mine online last night after reading the below thread, i choose chronic illness and others in the 2nd page, seems they dont check or bother asking anything. in the below thread some even just walked in without an appointment and still got 3rd shot due to international travel and didnt ask for tickets either

Im getting my 3rd shot on monday afternoon.
    https://geoexpat.com/forum/415/threa...ml#post3836321
    ByeByeEngland and Coolboy like this.

I'm curious, would anyone refused a 3rd booster shot?

I will take the booster shot when it’ll be available for me, no rush.
    (I’m confident it’ll be pretty soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    I'm curious, would anyone refused a 3rd booster shot?

Wouldn't refuse, but knowing that the half life is so short I will wait to take it until I'm around covid (traveling to it or having it come to us).

On top of that, knowing that omicron is resistant to this batch of the vaccine means waiting for the new model while we're "safe" here isn't a terrible plan
    Mcdavid likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I haven't seen a credible source for anything regarding covid, only politics and agendas.

Truthfully I have a huge ethical problem with rich countries/people taking boosters when poor countries are denied all vaccines. It's not a coincidence that both Delta and Omicron came out of countries that basically have been stonewalled by major vaccine companies because it's more profitable to keep selling boosters to rich places. Add in the fact that HK hasn't had a covid case in months and you have my full reasons for holding off on my next shot.

I'll take it before I travel anywhere for sure, ethics aside (because I'm also human), probably somewhere between Feb and April

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    Truthfully I have a huge ethical problem with rich countries/people taking boosters when poor countries are denied all vaccines. It's not a coincidence that both Delta and Omicron came out of countries that basically have been stonewalled by major vaccine companies because it's more profitable to keep selling boosters to rich places. Add in the fact that HK hasn't had a covid case in months and you have my full reasons for holding off on my next shot.
    I didn't think this applied to Delta. From my memory, India mostly sabotaged itself on the vaccine through a mix of domestic government decisions. They had plenty of local production capacity, and were producing for export.

Overall, I think you have a good point, but it's not all the fault of Evil Pharma.
    Tandy likes this.

Getting the third shot six months after the second seems to be the accepted best practice at the moment, though there is some research suggesting that the optimum benefit might be closer to 12 months.

But as with the initial shots, in the midst of an ongoing pandemic, the time to get it is when you can get it. Whether it's 6 months or 12 months or anywhere in between, the key is getting the boosted benefit.

As for waiting for revised versions of vaccines tailored to variants, that's still pie in the sky. Again, the best vaccine is the one you can get. And the way things are going, it's probably not going to be your last shot anyway.

As for waiting to "need" it in Hong Kong, everyone waiting for things to go south, then clamouring all at once for a booster doesn't seem like a good scenario from a public health perspective.

When community transmission gets re-established in Hong Kong (inevitably I would think), in light of the newer variants, it's liable to happen very quickly. And that's not the moment I would want to be scrambling for a shot.

Baklava, hongkong7 and Mrs. Jones like this.

Waste of time since they won't reopen the border anyway.

Mcdavid likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast