Like Tree109Likes

30/12/21 - Possible Local Infection

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Time to stock up on toilet paper and whisky

Rob2020, kittykaitak and ramelec like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Don't give those skittish people any ideas man, I bet some local would read this and take your comment for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Do you really think in HK they’d get away with locking people down to the extent they run out of food? I can’t see it, it would be more along the lines of a UK style lockdown I think - being allowed out to food shop. Which would be unlikely to get us back to zero Covid.
    What they seem to have found in Xian is even a very strict lockdown (1 person per household, once every two days shopping trip) wasn't enough to stem Omicron. And I presume in Xian most people have a kitchen which is more than you can say of HK... any more than a 24 hour lock in would get very problematic.

I don't think there's any easy answers. Vaccine mandates I guess. But that would take months to get around the population.

But but but HK is safe there is no COVID why do I need to get the vaccine?

mrgoodkat, Sage and nickvv like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Whisky is more important, people can wash their bums
    Coolboy, AsianXpat0, aw451 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    What they seem to have found in Xian is even a very strict lockdown (1 person per household, once every two days shopping trip) wasn't enough to stem Omicron. And I presume in Xian most people have a kitchen which is more than you can say of HK... any more than a 24 hour lock in would get very problematic.

I don't think there's any easy answers. Vaccine mandates I guess. But that would take months to get around the population.
    Which is why I think the government should just stop wallowing with indecision about whether to order vaccine mandates right this instant. Instead, it should start preparing for vaccine mandate orders (and how to implement and enforce) it ASAP.

Isn’t Xi’an “only” Delta?

Curious what happens next, but wouldn’t count chickens, whatever you’re hoping for.

qhank likes this.

We've had a dry run with the Jordan weekend lockdown in January. Don't think many folks had a kitchen in those tiny Jordan subdivided flats but they did give out canned food. Magnify the scale a little, perhaps let the motherland help out by bringing in some PLA personnel and you could probably lockdown a larger area without too much of a fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Isn’t Xi’an “only” Delta?

Curious what happens next, but wouldn’t count chickens, whatever you’re hoping for.
    Seems you're right. Although the official narrative is also that there are more mild cases than seen in Wuhan with v1.0 which is what threw me (but which I now presume is another way of them saying that the official case count from Wuhan was only counting severely ill people!).
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Seems you're right. Although the official narrative is also that there are more mild cases than seen in Wuhan with v1.0 which is what threw me (but which I now presume is another way of them saying that the official case count from Wuhan was only counting severely ill people!).
    Its also possible the symptoms are milder because most of the Xian population has been vaccinated and hence even if they somehow got re-infected, the symptoms will be much less severe.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast