Like Tree31Likes

31/12/21 - Happy New Year Press Conference

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

dont forget babies and kids.
    Enforce vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I hope not ... they just need to get this over and done with.

Vaccine passport details. No 65+ exemptions
    https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...768122374?s=21

And dining out might win you a three week stay at PB
    https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...744791045?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    [*] CE of HK has invited CX Chairman and CEO and conveyed her concern and strong dissatisfaction about how the "rule" has been "flouted" by their staff being irresponsible... Demanded that CX give the public a satisfactory explanation. Quarantine will be tightened. 7 day quarantine + negative PCR result from tomorrow (1/1/22). At the same time, air cargo needs to flow normally!
    That's the same logic used with our elections we are banned from, but also must participate in.
    Sage and MABinPengChau like this.

41 positive cases today in TW (all incoming, about half Americans). Oh yeah, US heading to A++ status (all 21 days at Penny's Bay...).

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    That's the same logic used with our elections we are banned from, but also must participate in.
    Wouldn’t it be more along the lines of… ‘airlines who are cancelling their flights to HK voluntarily are showing their strong support for our strict quarantine measures’?
    mrgoodkat and East_coast like this.

Disappointing that they still think its OK for people with medical exemptions to eat out or even leave their homes. ..

Not exactly the kind of vaccine mandate I was thinking of, but I suppose this is better than nothing.

The eateries may fret about the government imposing more onerous dining out requirements and how it will impact them...after they just started to get used to some semblance of normalacy. But if this step finally forces the unvaccinated to get the vaccine, it will be worth it?

Last edited by Coolboy; 31-12-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Wouldn’t it be more along the lines of… ‘airlines who are cancelling their flights to HK voluntarily are showing their strong support for our strict quarantine measures’?
    That would involve giving CX some credit. Me thinks the line will - airlines took so much money from us but did not prepare for this..

Does your local sit on a plastic stool make you scan a bar code?

I don't know why people are getting excited about vaccine passports and vaccine mandates, I guess people don't have a right to bodily autonomy in HK anymore and cannot have a say in what one puts in their bodies. Quarantine will still be 21 days. Masks will still be compulsory. You will have to get a vaccine dose every 6 months. People will be sent to hospital jail for 3 weeks for having covid, and that too without compensation. Close contacts will be sent to quarantine jail for 3 weeks for having the audacity of being close to confirmed covid case. Still 2 or 3 weeks quarantine to enter the mainland. More entire building ambush lockdowns. Possibly mainland style lockdowns around certain pockets in the city. Forced city wide testing programs. People expecting HK to open up soon after this will be disappointed. Please expect all the authoritarian vaccine passports and vaccine mandates without any of the opening up.

kittykaitak, Tandy, rs4 and 5 others like this.