Like Tree1007Likes

Jan 2022 - COVID-19 Omicron wave?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsalad:
    Oh dear...
    Another year of online "learning"...??! I won't survive this... Nope
    When do schools and universities go back?

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    When do schools and universities go back?
    Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Monday.
    Maybe! If they go back it won’t be for long.

Only 80 of 200 diners came forward for their inevitable Penny Bay new year vacation. It'll be really remarkable if there aren't already tens of quiet or asymptomatic cases out there by now. The rest is just noise.

If there's no M&S hummus to be had in any case then I'm good with going through whatever level of freak out it takes before there is some acknowledgement of reality... Good to see that vaccination slots are getting booked up in a big way.

(I also really don't buy that the mainland authorities or PLA would step in meaningfully... this will be Carrie's problem to deal with).

The hummus from Chickpea is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Only 80 of 200 diners came forward for their inevitable Penny Bay new year vacation. It'll be really remarkable if there aren't already tens of quiet or asymptomatic cases out there by now. The rest is just noise.

If there's no M&S hummus to be had in any case then I'm good with going through whatever level of freak out it takes before there is some acknowledgement of reality... Good to see that vaccination slots are getting booked up in a big way.

(I also really don't buy that the mainland authorities or PLA would step in meaningfully... this will be Carrie's problem to deal with).
    Where did you get 80/200? Does that mean the app is as toothless as other's have mentioned?

Makes.me think that the risk of a $5000 fine for not using the LHS app is worth it to avoid being traced for PB staycation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Where did you get 80/200? Does that mean the app is as toothless as other's have mentioned?
    That number comes from government statement. Also makes sense. Lots of venues don't remind you to scan or even check it. Probably this was one of the more casual venues.

Still these 120 unknown patrons don't make make much sense to me. It's very likely that there are infections amongst them, though the government isn't more aggressive in trying to drag them down.

Getting caught in a lie via genome sequencing wouldnt be fun either. I understabd the motivation, but, esp at the beginning of a wave its a delicate line.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast