Like Tree677Likes

Birthday Party Goers to Quarantine...

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Birthday Party Goers to Quarantine...

More than 100 guests of a now-notorious Hong Kong birthday party including senior officials and 19 lawmakers have been ordered into quarantine after they were exposed to a suspected coronavirus infection.

It also emerged on Friday that one of the party-goers, Junius Ho Kwan-yiu, met top Beijing official Xia Baolong in Shenzhen two days after Monday’s 53rd birthday celebrations in Wan Chai for Witman Hung Wai-man, a local delegate to the national legislature.

Name:  IMG_20220107_145253.jpg
Views: 2492
Size:  212.4 KB

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage

From HKO1

[15:03] It is learnt that more than 100 guests who had attended the gathering of Hung for People's Livelihood Day have to be sent to the Penny's Bay Quarantine Centre for isolation, including Commissioner of Police Siu Chak-yee and Commissioner of the Independent Commission Against Corruption Pak Wan-lok.
    https://www.hk01.com/%E7%A4%BE%E6%9C...%81%9E/721119/
    Last edited by shri; 07-01-2022 at 03:30 PM.

happy birthday witman!!!!

@mrgoodkat - you were right...

Something is off with the timeline.. We need a real crime podcast to explain this to us over 20 episodes

According to the news, one more person was initially diagnosed at the party. The patient left at 8pm. More than one hundred people on the scene were listed as close contacts and must be sent to the Penny's Bay Quarantine Center for quarantine.
    https://std.stheadline.com/realtime/article/1796467/

DELETED

can i assume their close contacts are also at penny bay?

mrgoodkat likes this.

Well, now we know what the government had in mind when they were pushing "Lantau Tomorrow".

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    can i assume their close contacts are also at penny bay?
    Must be if they follow the rules they have applied to others previously

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Well, now we know what the government had in mind when they were pushing "Lantau Tomorrow".
    You win the Internet!

Oh the thought that those exempted from travel restrictions and freely went back and forth across the boarder may cause an outbreak in Shenzhen...

They should have known better about Junius Ho. Plenty of warning about the trouble he causes!

(I keep reflecting that it's kind of sad that this makes me as happy as it does... these two years in Hong Kong... err, three years have really done us in...I'm just excited at the possibility of relaxing and some implementation of science-based quarantine measures.)

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast