Like Tree93Likes

7/1/22 - 4:30PM - CHP Covid Update Press Conference

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

7/1/22 - 4:30PM - CHP Covid Update Press Conference

I expect they will attempt to explain the party and what happened after that today.

Will have a live video up at 4:30 and attempt to post some info if I have my act together. I expect it to be a shit show of sorts...

Live Video Link: https://webcast.info.gov.hk/revamp/eng/livecast.html

Going into fancy mode with an updated thumbnail...

https://youtu.be/GvDpoK06xyw

Last edited by shri; 07-01-2022 at 04:15 PM.
    Britishabroad and JAherbert like this.

Updates from Press Conference:

1. Controller of the Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health, Dr Edwin Tsui
    2. Head of the Communicable Disease Branch of the Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health, Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan
    3. Hospital Authority Chief Manager (Patient Safety and Risk Management), Dr Sara Ho
    • As of today - 140 Omicron Cases recorded. 12754 has generated 13 cases. Second, third, fourth gen chains have started. If your first test negative do not assume you can party! Refrain from mask-off activities. Do not engage in ANY conversation over a meal!

• Stats to follow - departed from usual format or I missed it

• "Gone to a spanish restaurant... don't know know how to pronounce the name of ..." . About 70 people were there after 9:30. Have received news about another positive case who was there before 9:30 so number of quarantine will be raised. Understatement mode...

• 130 people at another restaurant - contact tracing including credit card and other information being traced.

• Positive at Pennys Bay - From Moon Palace - Scaffolding worker had done work at their house / apartment in Ma On Shan.

• "30 odd positive cases"

- Son of the scaffolding worker. Shun Tak Fraternity Assoc Kindy. Students in same class. 45 students + teachers are quarantined. 600+ tests ordered.

- Another prelim positive has attended an alumni gathering of a school and went to a dinner after that. Citic securities (not sure).

- 32 year old female from Chai Wan Estate. 2nd of Jan went to Brands Expo and took off her mask for "some water" and was probably infected there. Been to bunch of restaurants.

- 3rd Jan - Birthday Party in Wanchai. 53 year old from RTHK lives in Ho Man Tin. Was there from 6-8PM-ish. Took her mask off... greeted some of the attendees. Classifying all attendees as close contacts.

- 58 year old - unknown chain - lockhart road - been to supermarkets, mannings, P&Ns, U-Select, Welcome to "handle products" - been to a LOT of them. During the incubation period there is no known (yet) high risk cases which overlap. Has also been to Wanchai market, private kitchen for Dim Sum, Brands and Product Expo for 45 mins.

- One new positive case - Indonesian helper from TKO - Caught at quarantine center.

• 1081 beds - 54% util rate, 603 negative pressure - 64% util rate.

• 4 year old child - caught in Pennys Bay and sent to hospital for checks - was put into isolation and was given an alarm bell if she needed help. At 8PM - walked out of the cubicle and was standing in the corridor unmasked. Nurse spotted her and asked her to go back and settled her in the cubicle. Three close contacts with the girl are quarantined as close contacts.

• Going forward testing kits will be distributed every day at HA for workers.

Q&A

• Will family members of the party attendees be quarantined?

- Normally family and close contacts will need to be quarantined for some time.

• Origins of the RTHK case which was at the party earlier in the evening from the originally confirmed case

- She was there between 6pm to 8PM and came back at 9 to greet people and left around 9:30PM. The original case arrived around that time and not sure if they were in the same space or has had contact. Good chance the infection may have happened elsewhere - no confirmation.

• Will all the attendees of the party be at holiday camp for 21 days?

- Don't think this was answered.

• What is the occupancy at Pennys Bay? Has Dir Immd been admitted to Pennys Bay?

- 3000+ units available. Other facilities are prepped and ready and some hotels which can be activated. Total of 4600 units are available, 1500 are in use.

- Unable to answer about whereabouts of individuals. Strictly implementing the protocols. Some are there some are being taken there.

• How many second tier / close contacts from the Witman party of 100?

- Investigating and ongoing. CT value of new case is 35ish and awaiting lab results. (I suspect this might be an excuse ... )

- Those living with the folks who were there after 9:30 (60-70) will be close contacts. Awaiting lab results etc.

• What restaurant did the RTHK person go to before / after the party?

- Not sure if this was answered.

• How many from the Witman party are in Pennys Bay and how many are yet to arrive for their holiday?

- 2 parts - 60+ people who were there after 9:30 are being sent .. 60+ have arrived and process is ongoing. Attendees who were there before 9:30 ... ongoing since the second case is not 100% confirmed.

• Mother of flight attendant has infected 13 people. Had low CT count and was involved in many activities (high viral load).
    Last edited by shri; 07-01-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Don't talk during dinner when your mask is off!

blandy62 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Don't talk during dinner when your mask is off!
    What about karaoke and shoulder grab'n?
    blandy62 and MABinPengChau like this.

CHP confirms cannot find the people at the restaurants who paid by cash...good news for all the GeoExpatters using cash to avoid Penny's Bay...

So this little girl of a positive case, 4 or 5 years old, was sent to isolation ALONE (parents locked up elsewhere)- she gets loose at some point (scared out of her wits most likely) and came into contact with two nurses who, you guessed it, are off to Penny's Bay. Good grief what a clusterfuck...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    So this little girl of a positive case, 4 or 5 years old, was sent to isolation ALONE (parents locked up elsewhere)- she gets loose at some point (scared out of her wits most likely) and came into contact with two nurses who, you guessed it, are off to Penny's Bay. Good grief what a clusterfuck...
    Even as a grown man, I am scared to go to these rat prisons.

This is my nightmare scenario:

"4 year old child - caught in Pennys Bay and sent to hospital for checks - was put into isolation and was given an alarm bell if she needed help. At 8PM - walked out of the cubicle and was standing in the corridor unmasked. Nurse spotted her and asked her to go back and settled her in the cubicle. Three close contacts with the girl are quarantined as close contacts."

My kid being put into isolation in hospital. FCUK.

,Welcome to "handle products"
    Bloody orange fondlers!
    Cheeky Kiwi, AsianXpat0 and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    This is my nightmare scenario:

"4 year old child - caught in Pennys Bay and sent to hospital for checks - was put into isolation and was given an alarm bell if she needed help. At 8PM - walked out of the cubicle and was standing in the corridor unmasked. Nurse spotted her and asked her to go back and settled her in the cubicle. Three close contacts with the girl are quarantined as close contacts."

My kid being put into isolation in hospital. FCUK.
    Parents locked up elsewhere, kid dragged off, yeah, good times...parents must be dying...
    hullexile likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast