• 1 Post By jgl
  • 4 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By GentleGeorge

GentleGeorge's Covid Thread

Closed Thread

GentleGeorge's Covid Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Well unfortunately it was a couple of irresponsible flight crew with a vaccination certificate and a negative test result taking exactly that attitude that has got us into the whole mess.
    Total bullshit. The CX crew didn't do anything wrong. They were exempted from quarantine and it was legal for them to leave. The three day home quarantine was just CX policy. Nobody at CX signed up to sacrifice their ways of life and their jobs to "protect" a bunch of 80 year olds with an entitlement problem.

You sound pleased that possibly thousands of people could die, completely avoidably.
    You are right, that would be totally avoidable by getting the vaccine, preferably the one that works. People who haven't gotten vaccinated by now don't deserve any better.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 09-01-2022 at 09:02 AM.
    hike and Flapster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    People who haven't gotten vaccinated by now don't deserve any better.
    Don't deserve Any better than to die of COVID?

Check your privilege.
    orionx999 likes this.

I couldn't be with my dad while he was dying. I couldn't attend his funeral after he died.

Vaccinated people can't go back to normal, while unvaccinated people are happy to hold vaccinated people hostage.

So yeah, I have massive privilege.

Go suck a rock you pee hole.

hike, tf19 and Plutark like this.

Check your privilege.
    Don't deserve better than to die of a preventable cause they chose not to prevent.
    hike, Plutark and Tandy like this.

Check your privilege.
    That's rich, coming from someone who once called vaccinated people selfish, and crowed about the chances them developing myocarditis.
    hike likes this.

(GG- persistent forum troll, or genuinely unhinged, take your pick)

ByeByeEngland likes this.

Check your privilege.
    The additional stress the unvaccinated put on the system is a serious issue. Not just the higher chances of needing ICU and mortuary facilities but as they spread more so the extra restrictions needed on society, business and political inclusion need to be ramped up and that does a lot of hard to quantify harm.

If people don't want to take MRNA vaccines then J&J and AZ offer quite good non-new-tech alternatives and the 'nervous' should be taking these if the rigorous campaigns to take best vaccines fail.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    That's rich, coming from someone who once called vaccinated people selfish, and crowed about the chances them developing myocarditis.
    Not sure what you are talking about here, I didn't do this and have no idea what that word even means...

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    The additional stress the unvaccinated put on the system is a serious issue. Not just the higher chances of needing ICU and mortuary facilities but as they spread more so the extra restrictions needed on society, business and political inclusion need to be ramped up and that does a lot of hard to quantify harm.

If people don't want to take MRNA vaccines then J&J and AZ offer quite good non-new-tech alternatives and the 'nervous' should be taking these if the rigorous campaigns to take best vaccines fail.
    I agree generally with you wrote, it's obvious; however I take exception to the position that restrictions must be ramped up to protect unvaxxed. That's a policy choice not a need.

It is still (and always has been) perfectly valid to simply let the market find it's own level. Self preservation will kick in for most and they'll get vaxxed when they see their friends or neighbours getting seriously ill, and the most stubborn will succumb.

Having the most idiotic and stubborn succumb, will be a net benefit to society.