Like Tree225Likes

Kindergarten & Primary Suspended Until After CNY

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:

The people of this city have completely lost all ability to asses risk and probability in the last two years.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Why are people being so dramatic about Penny’s Bay? I would rather my kids GO TO SCHOOL for the minuscule percentage chance of getting sent to quarantine. And it’s 14 days from contact, meaning by the time any patient zero kid stops attending school, tests positive, and they actually identify the classmates you’re looking at 9-10 days maybe.

I’m hearing teachers say they are “living in fear” of PB. Calm the F down.
    Think you're being slightly harsh. We know nothing about their children, their ages, any needs issues they might have, their diets etc. The government shows no compassion in that respect. They'd cart of groups of kids with profound ASD if that was the box needing ticked. You're also being a bit disingenuous RE the 14 day thing. Didn't that literally change yesterday? HK have done nothing to suggest they won't ramp it right back up to 21 when they secure capacity.

I'm not saying I support the school closures, I don't. But I emphasize with parents who fear quarantine for their children. One of mine particular would not deal well with it at all and I'd fear for their mental health.
    Mrs. Jones, statman and rkenia852 like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Niiiiiice!

Original Post Deleted
    Nice what? I like it here. Take my mind off stress. You clearly have no idea what parents have to deal with when they have kids at home when they should have been at school.
    Last edited by shri; 11-01-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Think you're being slightly harsh. We know nothing about their children, their ages, any needs issues they might have, their diets etc. The government shows no compassion in that respect. They'd cart of groups of kids with profound ASD if that was the box needing ticked. You're also being a bit disingenuous RE the 14 day thing. Didn't that literally change yesterday? HK have done nothing to suggest they won't ramp it right back up to 21 when they secure capacity.

I'm not saying I support the school closures, I don't. But I emphasize with parents who fear quarantine for their children. One of mine particular would not deal well with it at all and I'd fear for their mental health.
    Well now 100% of primary and kindy kids mental health is going to be screwed up by no school and remote learning. The increase in depression, anxiety, and child abuse during school closures are a much higher number than those who’ve been sent to PB also.

The change to 14 days was inevitable because PB is full, in fact I feel more confident keeping schools open by the day because if omicron rages we’ll have home quarantine soon enough.
    Coolboy, Vaughn.T and Baklava like this.

Why are people being so dramatic about Penny’s Bay? I would rather my kids GO TO SCHOOL for the minuscule percentage chance of getting sent to quarantine. And it’s 14 days from contact, meaning by the time any patient zero kid stops attending school, tests positive, and they actually identify the classmates you’re looking at 9-10 days maybe.

I’m hearing teachers say they are “living in fear” of PB. Calm the F down.
    Im more scared of quarantine/jail time than the actual (and eventual) covid infection. Maybe Im weird.
    Mrs. Jones, statman and Vaughn.T like this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Im more scared of quarantine/jail time than the actual (and eventual) covid infection. Maybe Im weird.
    I feel the same but can do math and recognize the chance of being a close contact is very low. There have been 49,000 people quarantined for close contact out of 7 million.

https://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/qua..._centre_en.pdf

I feel the same but can do math and recognize the chance of being a close contact is very low. There have been 49,000 people quarantined for close contact out of 7 million.

Theres a even lower chance of actually catching the virus. But my point is, I dont want to be thrown in jail and stripped of whatever little human rights we have left.

I hate the gov more than I hate the virus lol
    tf19 and Sage like this.

this compares well with the statistic of those sent to PB after the party even if many of them were released

Either way the sentiment of wishing to avoid a 21 or now 14 day stint remains, albeit it may not necessarily be PB a close contact is sent to. Why don’t they take the mothballs off the Sai Kung one. 2 years now a massive park has been shut because of a ghost facility.

4 days was enough.14 in PB. I would go bat shit and I’m made of strong stuff from a QT viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Couldn't agree more. 10 days in PB versus months of zoom classes at home. Not even close. Never mind statistically your chances of being in a class that gets dragged off are virtually zero given there are (back of an envelope calculation) 1,700,000 million children in school so 30-50,000 CLASSES so the odds of your little angel being in the group that gets carted away as a close contact before the entire quarantine system is completely overbooked with actual cases is sweet F-all (realistically).

The people of this city have completely lost all ability to asses risk and probability in the last two years.
    The odds of being in a class that gets sent to quarantine may be extremely low RIGHT NOW but once Omicron gets out in the wild and spreads, which looks increasingly likely, then all bets are off......
    qhank likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast