Like Tree25Likes

HK: Covid Restriction Extension Press Conf @ 6PM

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

It’s always summer in Singapore

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Total shitshow. I really feel for all the restaurants and others affected. Utterly utterly stupid and totally avoidable.
    You are assuming these measures' sole aim is to genuinely to control Covid. But another reason one can guess is that its a convenient excuse to have martial law in the city without actually calling it martial law. Basically, I suspect the authorities will invent new reasons to not relax social distancing or other Covid controls even when cases drop to zero. I mean, think of it this way, from the authorities' point of view, they can make up an argument that there is a always a risk that new Covid variants will silently enter the city. The risk is never-ending, so Covid control is never-ending.
    statman and Kaosommadawn like this.

Original Post Deleted
    You think HK's economy has not been declining in the last 2 years?
    Tandy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    The Chinese version implies reconnecting to the motherland. So "travel" will be travel to the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Given how easy Omicron spreads and that we have it in society already, we will never get down to zero. So wonder how long this shit show will continue this time, any bets? 9 months?

I guess if we all leave, they can achieve zero covid..
    There are cities in China stating they hit 0 "society covid". They locked everyone in their own apartments and said society is essentially 0 covid. Also, they moved people out of the city to help the numbers lol

Simply "zero covid" is a vague definition that government officials follow.
    Coolboy and Kaosommadawn like this.

I love these daily expert updates.

People may not protest in the official sense but I really cannot see locals not doing their usual thing for CNY and I hope they do. The authorities cannot be everywhere.

Im tired of the bs now. Do x and y and you get z but nearer the time expect us to move the goalposts again. Does anyone apart from the fervent Beijing camp actually believe what we are now being told?

statman and Kaosommadawn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I love these daily expert updates.

People may not protest in the official sense but I really cannot see locals not doing their usual thing for CNY and I hope they do. The authorities cannot be everywhere.

Im tired of the bs now. Do x and y and you get z but nearer the time expect us to move the goalposts again. Does anyone apart from the fervent Beijing camp actually believe what we are now being told?
    This is the problem. There is no plan and never has been. Even now she can't give any guarantees about businesses being able to open back up even under a vaccine bubble! I mean, what's the point of getting vaccinated now if you've already been putting it off for so long? It doesn't mean anything if your only goal is to get to zero cases as those who have refused to get vaccinated so far don't seem to be afraid of dying from the virus. .
    Kaosommadawn likes this.

Meanwhile, here in TW, low level community transmission from airport workers catching it from all the omicron cases arriving daily (around 50 at least arriving every day, about half from the US). No one gonna TOUCH Lunar New Year here, no how, no way. If things go nuts in the next two weeks...maybe, but as long as we're at low levels, pretty sure life will carry on. Maybe after Lunar New Year, make the Americans go to government centers, already changed the testing so you now have to wait at the airport for test results (previously went right to your hotel, they pulled you out later if you tested positive).

Coolboy, drumbrake and shri like this.

This is interesting, https://science.slashdot.org/story/2...d-19-infection

didn`t the gestapo raid a shop selling these products earlier in the week?