Like Tree105Likes

HK Secondary Schools to Close

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    It does not matter how many diversionary tactics they try to put in our way the people have not forgotten the party and are anticipating the requisite treatment, while expecting nothing.

VAX the fucking unvaxxed who are now controlling the every day life and movements of an entire nation, or at least prevent them from accessing the very things that are making their own insular life so comfortable. No shops, no public transport, no HKJC, no bars or restaurants, no wet markets. Exclude them from any cash voucher schemes.

Accept the fact that Omi is now here. It doesn’t matter what futile measures you put in place it was already too late for that before Omi was even identified (unless you want to ban breathing).
    What you are describing is called 'living with covid', which neither the mainland or HK subscribe to. Let's just say hypothetically by February or March HK has a 100% vaccination rate with the whole population boosted, do you really think HK will open up to the world? Absolutely not. In HK there is close to no benefit for being vaccinated, you don't get less time in quarantine, don't get exemption from ambush lockdown testing, mask exemption, or anything major, just basically more people per table at restaurants. That means the government is being very prudent towards the vaccine. And next month they are going to sanction all those haven't taken the vaccine, basically reducing benefits to the unvaccinated and to make it seem like the vaccinated have benefits, even though for the vaccinated it's the same thing no reduction in benefits or gain either. Those most at risk and the elderly should absolutely get the vaccine with the utmost priority, but at the end of the day it's a personal choice.

What you are advocating for is segregation, meanwhile other countries have shown that omicron is resistant to even the triple dosed, the triple dosed are contracting covid and spreading omicron at sky high levels, there is barely if any reduction in transmission from the vaccine. If you going to talk about reduction in hospitalizations and deaths, yes the vaccine absolutely achieves that very well, but then you should apply the same logic towards any other lifestyle choices that increase the risk factor of hospitalizations & death like obesity, cigarettes, drinking, dangerous sports & activities, etc. Why should smokers be allowed to live without segregation even though smoking is the leading cause of preventable death and hospitalizations in the world. I strongly disagree with the segregation that you are talking about, years from now you will see you are on the wrong side of history, making a minority of people second class citizens who have done nothing wrong. Healthcare is a human right and it is morally and ethically wrong to discriminate against people's lifestyle and health choices.

HK's one and only goal is to open up with the mainland. Please expect all the authoritarian vaccine passports and vaccine mandates without any of the opening up. In bound quarantine from elsewhere will still be 3 weeks or at least 2, they are splitting the airport into 2 sections china bubble vs rest of world bubble, ambush lockdowns will still be happening, close contact quarantine will still happen, masks will still be mandatory, schools will still be cycling through reopenings and closing down, animals will still be culled in the thousands, gyms & cinemas temporary closures, etc. The central and hk governments aim to eradicate omicron and other variants through the zero covid policy. Even the WHO has said the vaccines will not be the way out from the virus. If anyone disagrees I'm happy to have a civil discussion on this and to provide sources for any claims I've made.

Will the schools reopen in time for National Security Education Day?

dfc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Will the schools reopen in time for National Security Education Day?
    I thought EVERY DAY was National Security Education Day!

Presser:

I Love Rabbit customer is preliminarily positive.

Time to kill ALL THE RABBITS...

But i heard Year of Water Tiger is good for me, Health will be fine, Wealth/relationship will grow and my lucky numbers are 3.4, 9..
    shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    What you are describing is called 'living with covid', which neither the mainland or HK subscribe to. Let's just say hypothetically by February or March HK has a 100% vaccination rate with the whole population boosted, do you really think HK will open up to the world? Absolutely not. In HK there is close to no benefit for being vaccinated, you don't get less time in quarantine, don't get exemption from ambush lockdown testing, mask exemption, or anything major, just basically more people per table at restaurants. That means the government is being very prudent towards the vaccine. And next month they are going to sanction all those haven't taken the vaccine, basically reducing benefits to the unvaccinated and to make it seem like the vaccinated have benefits, even though for the vaccinated it's the same thing no reduction in benefits or gain either. Those most at risk and the elderly should absolutely get the vaccine with the utmost priority, but at the end of the day it's a personal choice.

What you are advocating for is segregation, meanwhile other countries have shown that omicron is resistant to even the triple dosed, the triple dosed are contracting covid and spreading omicron at sky high levels, there is barely if any reduction in transmission from the vaccine. If you going to talk about reduction in hospitalizations and deaths, yes the vaccine absolutely achieves that very well, but then you should apply the same logic towards any other lifestyle choices that increase the risk factor of hospitalizations & death like obesity, cigarettes, drinking, dangerous sports & activities, etc. Why should smokers be allowed to live without segregation even though smoking is the leading cause of preventable death and hospitalizations in the world. I strongly disagree with the segregation that you are talking about, years from now you will see you are on the wrong side of history, making a minority of people second class citizens who have done nothing wrong. Healthcare is a human right and it is morally and ethically wrong to discriminate against people's lifestyle and health choices.

HK's one and only goal is to open up with the mainland. Please expect all the authoritarian vaccine passports and vaccine mandates without any of the opening up. In bound quarantine from elsewhere will still be 3 weeks or at least 2, they are splitting the airport into 2 sections china bubble vs rest of world bubble, ambush lockdowns will still be happening, close contact quarantine will still happen, masks will still be mandatory, schools will still be cycling through reopenings and closing down, animals will still be culled in the thousands, gyms & cinemas temporary closures, etc. The central and hk governments aim to eradicate omicron and other variants through the zero covid policy. Even the WHO has said the vaccines will not be the way out from the virus. If anyone disagrees I'm happy to have a civil discussion on this and to provide sources for any claims I've made.
    Exceptionally eloquently crafted and sadly containing many truths which I suspect the next few weeks and months will confirm.

We will have to agree to disagree on some points. I do agree that we shouldn’t be holding back or prioritising health care based on vax for example and hope that wasn’t was intimated by my post but I just cannot agree that he rights of those who choose not to vax should have such an impact on the life of those that choose to do so (again I agree vax is not the holy grail but it is the best mitigant we have to date).

One final point. Omi is here and it is here to stay and it will surpass Delta as we have seen elsewhere. I strongly suspect there are symptomatic cases with people not reporting but self treating (and healing) because of current policies. That will also mean there are asymptomatic cases out and about. Watch the cases rise (following other country models) and let’s see how Zero Covid stands the test of time, There will be some short term pain that’s for sure but it won’t be sustainable.
    Last edited by ByeByeEngland; 20-01-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Presser:

I Love Rabbit customer is preliminarily positive.

Well i never. Now we’re blaming marital aids.

Only now the govt is giving a deadline to healthcare workers that they must have at least one vaccine to work in old people's homes. It's been 2 years now.

But we want all 5-11 year olds to have the vaccine. Great, but along with how many booster shots?

AsianXpat0 likes this.

im sure you meant those damn rioters

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    those damn hamsters

I don’t know if the UK is doing it right - personally I think they’re moving too fast - but I also think HK is moving (if “moving” can even be used) far too slowly.

We were sad to leave HK, but I am incredibly grateful that my daughter has been at school every single school day since last September, whereas her friends in HK have been in and out of home schooling. In their final months of GCSE it is so much better for them to be at school.

drumbrake and Mrs. Jones like this.