Like Tree13Likes

PCR test for travel

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Any idea how they calculate the start of the 24hrs? Actual flight scheduled departure? or boarding?
    If a 2am flight its really not fair. Can't do any test with greater than 12hr turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    US had switched to 24 hours (thanks, US!) or one calendar day, which makes it hard for me as I usually need to transit with long (sometimes overnight) transit times (in view of reduced number of flights). Don't think Canada did something that annoying...

Yes, that's why they went to one "day" there is somewhere shows how it can be calculated but clearly the whole policy is for people traveling to Europe or N/S America, Asia, Africa, Australia can be a problem, especially to East Coast of US...

Ah, here it is...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

BCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I am investigating if there is an additional HK specific requirement to board.
    did you get anywhere with this? my current understanding for flights to Europe (through Dubai or Qatar) is that you don't need anything since most European countries have gotten rid of any requirements.

BUT it almost looks too good to be true...

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    did you get anywhere with this? my current understanding for flights to Europe (through Dubai or Qatar) is that you don't need anything since most European countries have gotten rid of any requirements.

BUT it almost looks too good to be true...
    Certainly seems that this is the case. Waiting on the airline to get back to me.

for canadian entry requirement

provide proof of a negative result taken within 72 hours of your scheduled flight or land entry

Can you go to a HK mobile testing testing for your travel PCR test? I have a Community Testing Center appointment ($240) for this Saturday but I have to take an Uber or tram to Shek Tong Tsui. However I am several blocks away from the Edinburgh Square mobile testing center and was wondering if I can just go to Edinburgh to get a PCR test for travel and get my results the next day. Not sure if they are the same in terms of the type of test, ability to get a comprehensive report for travel (although mobile testing information comes from HKSARG in text message and STT CTC comes from a different lab) and turnaround time. I contacted the lab for the Shek Tong Tsui Community Testing Center (Health Hope) and they informed me that if my test is 8-10am then my test result will come back around 7pm the same day.

This is their email reply to me after I sent them several questions:

Hello,

Start from 28/2/2022
    Please find the below report issue schedule for you references.
    If you done the test in the morning(from 0800 to 1000), the test results SMS will be received on the same day after 1900 at the earliest.
    If you done the test from 1001 to 1330, the test results SMS will be received on the next day around 0900 to 1200 at the earliest.
    If you done the test from 1430 to 2000, the test results SMS will be received on the next day around 1600 to 1900 at the earliest.

The SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR Nucleic Acids Test costs HKD240 in the community testing centre. The combined nasal and throat swab test is suitable for people above 3 years old without symptoms. Please be reminded to make a booking via the Government website https://www.communitytest.gov.hk/en/ and bring along all the travel documents you will be needed on the date as it will be shown on the test report.

For the paid test you will receive two SMS, an SMS issued by [HKSARG] without your personal detail. The report for traveling needs, please see the SMS issued by [HealthHope] not【HKSARG】, you can find the protected test report link in the SMS. Those who test positive will receive calls from the Department of Health.

*Some telecommunications services will block the unknow SMS, If you didn’t receive our SMS with protected test report link, please WhatsApp us 5741 5722 during operating hours 08:00-20:00.*

If you wish to have a hard copy with you, please have the test result in color print by yourself or the staffs at The Testing Centre during operating hours (08:00-20:00 Mon-Sun, 13:30-14:30 closes for deep cleaning) are welcome to print for you for travelling.

Address of the Centres operated by Health Hope:
    1. Shek Tong Tsui Sports Centre in Central and Western 6/F, 470 Queen's Road West Shek Tong Tsui Municipal Services Building (MTR University of Hong Kong Station Exit B1)
    2. Lei Tung Community Hall in Southern District (MTR Lei Tung Station, Exit B)

Thank you

Best Regards,

Customer Service Team

For those who are worrying about whether you'll be able to get your results in time to board your flight, given the mass testing underway in the city these days, the Prenectics HKIA test with 2 hour turn around sounds custom designed for your needs...in principle you could even do it on the day of your flight, I guess you'd just need to find a way to print the emailed results:

https://fly.prenetics.com/?lang=en-hk

Quote Originally Posted by GuruA:
    For those who are worrying about whether you'll be able to get your results in time to board your flight, given the mass testing underway in the city these days, the Prenectics HKIA test with 2 hour turn around sounds custom designed for your needs...in principle you could even do it on the day of your flight, I guess you'd just need to find a way to print the emailed results:

Best to check and book.. Been full on many days due to capacity issues. Friends have gone the day before their flight and gotten tested to avoid any cockups.

Quote Originally Posted by GuruA:

Prenetics is totally full the next two weeks. I cannot even get a reservation online. I also contacted Indicaid and they are booked for the next two weeks as well.

i am thinking of going the Gleneagles route.

Some more ideas:
    https://www.sassymamahk.com/covid-19-test-hong-kong/

Raffles Medical could be a good choice - either city or airport (cheaper but further)