Same as now
Open things up a bit
Mass testing using PCR tests
Mass testing using RAT tests
Operate track/trace/isolate well - built enough facilities etc
Be totally overwhelmed throughout March and the illogical shitshow continues
Improve travel - lower quarantine, cut flight bans
Something else (in comments)
Build a new bridge to China! @HK_Katherine why wasn't this an option in your survey?
In all seriousness, they have painted themselves into a corner here:
1. Xi is due to visit on 1 July for the 25th anniversary of handover and to swear-in the new CE. It would be a massive PR failure if at that time if huge numbers are dying or if the whole city is locked down, as that would mean no triumphant photos.
2. They have built the cesspit at Tsing Yi and announced universal testing. They wanted to start by now but can't because the proposal itself is inherently unworkable, hence the delays.
3. They will have to implement it in some form because changing course in response to changed circumstances or admitting that the proposal was wrong or impractical is not something the government will want to do.
4. So they will carry on with a doomed plan and only change once they've tried implementing it then about a quarter way through they will declare victory (perhaps when Omicron has spread comprehensively so the problem peaks) or it gets so hard that another directive from Shenzhen will come and then everyone will follow, no questions asked.
5. Flight bans to be relaxed from 1 July so that the children of the elite can come home from the UK and US to see family.
Communal Isolation Facilities*Original Post Deleted