Like Tree63Likes

Compulsory Testing Dates - 26/03 to 03/04

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I identify as a dog.

shri, mrgoodkat, Rob2020 and 11 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    "Doing so earlier, especially when case numbers will still be too high to properly and appropriately isolate and care for, paying particular attention to population mental and emotional well-being in Hong Kong’s unique context, would not be recommended."
    Sounds like a national security law violation to me

But we already declared summer holidays for schools ! (in context of HKU research)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A lot of us are looking forward to that..
    I might even get a dog!

about 7.0 mln people trying to submit daily RAT results to Govt. website Guesses for the longest uptime before crashing?

mrgoodkat likes this.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20220302.htm

Experts question March mass testing plan

Experts say universal testing will not be very effective if there aren't enough facilities to isolate infected people.
    Several medical experts have questioned the government’s plan to conduct a citywide Covid testing exercise this month, expressing concern as to whether Hong Kong has enough facilities to isolate infected people.

On an RTHK radio show, the vice-president of the Hong Kong Society for Infectious Diseases, Wilson Lam, said testing everyone in the SAR could help detect infections sooner, but currently, the city doesn't seem to have enough isolation facilities for the mass testing plan.

Ho added that it is more practical to test everyone with rapid antigen tests, saying the sensitive PCR test will detect many people who have recovered and are no longer infectious.
    Last edited by shri; 02-03-2022 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Copyright issues with copy / pasting full articles

Now the 'experts' speak up when they know 1000s of mainland doctors coming over to take over their jobs eh

Peaky, shri, natino and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Now the 'experts' speak up when they know 1000s of mainland doctors coming over to take over their jobs eh
    I will not called them "doctors" at all....... just basic workers ....

Around 1,000 mainland workers will arrive in batches to work in isolation and treatment facilities, as well as in residential care homes affected by the outbreak.

The workers don’t have to have previous relevant job experience, and will be employed on a three-month contract with a monthly salary of more than HK$30,000.

Law said there was no special recruitment criteria.

“They will be doing basic care work. But speaking Cantonese is very important, and because of this, there are some difficulties in recruitment, especially under Hong Kong’s current epidemic situation,” Law said.

“They can’t start work right after they arrive because most are without experience. When they arrive, they will have to receive around three days of training before they can work.”

I really think the comic flailing has become apparent to locals (incl. doctors) over the last few weeks in a way that they couldn't necessarily see before. The mainland muscling in is doubtless also raising hackles. Despite the deaths, which must hit them harder than it hits any of us, Covid and the mismanaged response to it is now something I can laugh about with my team, and we are very much on the same wavelength... before it was stony faced stares back through Zoom if i made any observations. Even as recently as two weeks ago the fact I was sitting in the (empty) office on a zoom call had them incredulous at how brave/stupid I was to voluntarily come into town. Now they openly say they hope they catch covid before the testing round.

I've said it before but we need to bear in mind we have all been looking at everything done over the last year through the prism of home country media, as well as a mindset totally accustomed to challenging authority and thinking critically (further reinforced by Western media). The blinkers are coming off for everyone else now that the official narrative is so utterly unconvincing and inconsistent with itself.

Are these dates confirmed (26/03 to 03/04), or would a better subject line is 'Rumoured Compulsory Testing Dates'?

merchantms likes this.