Like Tree29Likes

Application of Isolation Facilities - Whatsapp/WeChat

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Field of dreams.. you build it and they will come.

I do think you're overestimating the construction quality in terms of permanence.
    Yeah...I mean they are built to prioritize construction speed (get it done as quickly as possible), not how well it will stand against the test of time. Imagine those downpours come rainy season or having a typhoon or two visit HK. The result will not be pretty on those facilities.

Original Post Deleted
    Sadly, for many this is an significant upgrade to current living conditions.
    aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Are you saying they are the new nanoflat?

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    If you're in a cage home or subdivided unit, absolutely. They are never going to officially say it, but that's the real target market for these containers.

4000 people have self reported or communicated via Whatsapp/WeChat ...

A new hotline for people to report their positive Covid-19 results have received around 4,000 applications a day after launch, said Fire Services Department Assistant Director Wong Chun-yip.

The department announced on Sunday the launch of three new channels for admission to community isolation facilities, including application via Whatsapp.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/187842/
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Dear sirs, I would like to enquire about booking the finest room at your gulag.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    Dear sirs, I would like to enquire about booking the finest room at your gulag.
    Aren't you a senior decision maker of a major financial institution? If you are.. No worries, stay at home and enjoy day drinking.

At the center of normal market operation are people involved in the trade including senior decision makers at major financial institutions.

What would happen if these essential players had to be sent to Penny's Bay or isolation facilities newly built with the mainland's help?

I am not surprised by reports that government officials had been in touch with these key players to assure them they would be spared those facilities.

Even if true, I highly doubt if the authorities would openly admit it as this would spark outcries of favoritism.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...ion/17/239512/

Heard from my helper, a helper friend of hers tested positive while in between jobs. Boarding house threw her out. She was considering sleeping rough but a church group got her into a shelter. Ten Covid positive women in a room together, until CHP came to collect them for Penny’s Bay.

We need to remember there are people like this and that a private room at PB or even the new facilities is a massive improvement from their current situation.

shri, Giggsy, chuckster007 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Heard from my helper, a helper friend of hers tested positive while in between jobs. Boarding house threw her out. She was considering sleeping rough but a church group got her into a shelter. Ten Covid positive women in a room together, until CHP came to collect them for Penny’s Bay.

We need to remember there are people like this and that a private room at PB or even the new facilities is a massive improvement from their current situation.
    Agree. As with most policies recently, they are communicated (badly) to the masses but are really only targeted at a niche group - helpers, elderly, people with very bad/crowded living conditions. There are some for whom PB would feel like a welcome break.

Similar with hiking with mask. More for those who have swamped the country parks in groups than the one hiker halfway up a quiet peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    There's a massive difference between having these facilities available for the public to request when they need (e.g. they've got an elderly member at home and want to be away), rather than the government making this decision for the public. Seems like at the moment it's the former for people to reach out if they need? But yesterday's press conference seemed to be threatening the latter.

https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...DTue3Dv9IpAAAA
    I think "application" is just HK bureaucratese for "fill the form".