Like Tree76Likes

Mar 9: CE Press Conference

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bizarre as this may sound I’m much more comfortable with Covid life after the direct intervention of the Mainland. It’s not perfect but no daily flip flops and further draconian measures.

I’m wondering whether CLs previous absence and her now daily joint Covid updates are also tied in with this and the Mainland have realised that very few of the public have any faith in her leadership, Covid or otherwise and she’ll be ‘asked’ not to stand for re-election.

Maybe I’m overthinking this, adding two plus two and getting five?

Shri your first post needs an edit

• They were impressed when they were travelling in car, how cooperative HK citizens were - everyone was wearing a mask except Sage!
    shri, Sage, Giggsy and 1 others like this.

And of course after a few days of 2 person compliance the fish restaurant closest to the Pier has resumed full plexi and tables pushed together operations. Yes I know it’s outside but if they can find a jogger for removing a mask for 30 seconds they can extend the ridiculousness here too.

Christmas is coming in April for Hong Kong students.

Before her little sabbatical i really think Carrie believed she was doing a great job in all respects and knew better than everyone else. At least she's now had that misapprehension battered out of her.

I'd have preferred some Japanese style deep bowing and apologies before a ritual suicide but I guess the pained emotions behind a giant mask will have to do.

Giggsy, Elegiaque, Baklava and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    Christmas is coming in April for Hong Kong students.
    that means 2023 will come in May???
    dang! time really fly so frickin fast!!
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Since mass test is “postponed” (save-face term for “canceled”?) are local schools allowed to resume? Did they reverse the whole summer-break-in-springtime nonsense?
    I really hope the government is thinking about that, now that they have solved the very pressing issue of hair salons.

tf19, Elegiaque and Coolboy like this.

Seems like the HK gov't could have workshopped the new covid theme a little more. Or, I don't know, named it "Together, we live with the virus!"

Name:  12F3FAA9-6965-46E6-AB56-20BBC01EABC0.png
Views: 311
Size:  325.1 KB

Will importing oral-anti-virals - one is being used and another will arrive in a week or so. Pfizer and MSD.
    Do we even need made by (yaks!) foreigners not-in-China-approved medicine? I mean, we have Lianhua Qingwen Jiaonang, right?

There's an excerpt from this morning press conference circulating on social media where she made this comment

"I believe every one would not like to see me everyday. The earlier that you don't see me, means that Hong Kong has return to its normalcy"

I think its the first time every one in HK agrees with her.

ndt, blandy62, shri and 5 others like this.