Daily Press Conference @ 4:30PM
Livestream:1. Principal Medical and Health Officer of the Communicable Disease Branch of the Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health, Dr Albert Au
2. Chief Manager (Patient Safety and Risk Management) of the Hospital Authority, Dr Sara Ho
- 24390 PCR - 10 Imported
- 7012 RAT Confirmed (ID / RAT Photo Recd)
Deaths: 180 in last 24 hours (123M, 57F (42-112), 167 > 65YO)
Backlogged Deaths: 101 backlogged ( 52-103YO)
- +23 residential cases, 12 elderly & 11 disabled
- 722 elderly care homes (437 in the last week) have outbreaks
- 248 (?) disabled care homes have outbreaks
- +281 deaths recorded in last 24 hours
- Median age - 85YO
- 5 children passed away (might be - most probably - an aggregate number)
- > 80YO - 92.6% are not fully vaccinated
- 12054 HA staff infected / 4500+ have returned
- 183 in critical conditions
Highlights and Q&A
- Delta Variant has not been found in random sampling since 2nd March
- Kwun Tong has 12%+ of cases, Yuen Long 9%, Shatin 9% of cases
- Younger deaths - Cancer, One 48YO - No underlying conditions - Stomach Inflammation, Several others - underlying conditions like kidney failures and other chronic cases.
- QE Hospital - Will be designated hospital and transfers are in progress. Please support the work (by not going to the hospital unless you're almost certain you're dying). Transfer is ongoing - 25% have been transferred or discharged. 60+ will be sent to private hospitals - 20 have been allocated, 40 pending.
- NowTV - The RATP number is much lower than yesterday - today's number is about 31K. Comments?
- Peak for PCR tests was around 2-4th March.
- Past 4 days the PCR +ve has been 25-30K
- We might have peaked - we don't have higher figures and number has dropped
- RATP - number dropped yesterday
- We are optimistic and "may see" smaller numbers.
- (Wait for the haircut wave to start on +3-5 days from today!)
- What is the moral of medical staff? (See post below this)
- We can all see that situation has been serious and front line staff are doing their best (not just QE). Medical staff from different clusters have been doing a lot.
- When will we start putting EVERYONE into isolation instead of keeping some people at home?
- Govt is working to ramp up our isolation capacity for all patients, esp recent positives who want to isolate.
- Everyday we have 30-40K, the trend is downwards, but 10Ks require isolation
- We have shortage
- We will select high risk / special needs to be isolated
- We hope to isolate everyone once the case numbers drop
- What are the results of the random re-testing of RATP reports?
- Blah blah blah we have a mechanism to make sure blah blah blah.
- Blah blah blah legal actions blah blah blah
- No fucking idea how many tests have been done
- Blah blah blah ...
- Added later: We have just started yesterday.
- Tests are voluntary and taken on private premises. We can only appeal to the public - please, pretty please, please please please report it honestly.
- Are there sufficient medical staff at all the CIFs and how can patients ask for medication / medical treatment?
- There are medical teams at all the CIFs. HA is working closely with Sec B.
- If there is a need, healthcare workers will provide attention
- (No clue what the reality is)
- Will hair salons cause another wave?
- Everyone has to wear a mask and if you have symptoms do not go the hair salon.
- People are still not getting results from PCR tests. Unable to call hotline / get results etc - some are waiting 18+ days. Have samples been lost? What is the current wait?
- Blah blah..
- He has either misunderstood or does not want to answer the question.
- How many mainland experts / workers are in HK or expected in HK?
- Not answered ... repeated some script about gratitude, thoughts and prayers.
- Who goes to a hotel or to a container?
- Security bureau and fire services are responsible for this. Based on availability of facilities.