Like Tree64Likes

Mar 11: 18888 (PCR) / 10493 (RAT) Cases, (196 + 98) Deaths and CE Press Conf

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    and no different to the partygoers and drivers/helpers of government officials. If we ever do get to ridiculous CUT you can bet your life there will be a layer of exemptions for that too. I got into a heated argument with a local this morning who is insistent that I cannot pull a mask down to sip a bottled drink. I wished I’d filmed it but I’m now starting to question my own sanity. Maybe the rules have changed and I’m the one behind the curve?

Mon a side note something worthy for the HK mental state thread.
    Had my first ever mask confrontation this week. Lady giving me a very dirty look as I cycled past. Asked her what she was looking at and minor confrontation followed.

I'm okay wearing mask to out other at ease but not when it hampers my breathing.

Plus, all of HK wears masks and yet half of them have Omicron. Masks feel a little pointless now.
    statman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    So still testing positive civil servants back in the office after a week but confirmed negative HK arrivals two weeks in isolation.

Makes perfect sense.
    Call me crazy or a blind optimist, but my feeling is that the level of insanity has peaked and that there might be light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think we go back to "no quarantine" any time soon, but people asking the question of the pointlessness of 2-week quarantine for healthy negative-tested arrivals and about banned countries.
    And even officials comment on that and admit: "well yeah, you have a a point and we will look into it - but not now."

I think it's a realistic prognosis that in the next 2-3 months the 2-week quarantine will get reduced to something less. Maybe 1 week, maybe home quarantine. Not great either, but much better than what we have now. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I doubt it. 1 dose is almost useless and it takes 3 weeks plus about 10 days before the second dose is effective. In about a month we may see improvement from vaccination...way too late.
    I would argue that the data on deaths in Hk is showing that even one dose is very effective at preventing serious illness and death. It’s just not very good at preventing infection due to not enough antibodies being produced. Look at the vaccination status of the daily deaths and it’s there for all to see. Of course, 2 doses is better and 3 doses puts the death rate at practically zero, but one dose still stops many from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    I would argue that the data on deaths in Hk is showing that even one dose is very effective at preventing serious illness and death. It’s just not very good at preventing infection due to not enough antibodies being produced. Look at the vaccination status of the daily deaths and it’s there for all to see. Of course, 2 doses is better and 3 doses puts the death rate at practically zero, but one dose still stops many from dying.
    According to ourworldindata the Hong Kong figures are:

70% double or triple vaxxed
    14% single vaxxed
    16% no vaxx.

How does that compare to the death figures?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    According to ourworldindata the Hong Kong figures are:

70% double or triple vaxxed
    14% single vaxxed
    16% no vaxx.

How does that compare to the death figures?
    Given that over 90% of the deaths haven’t been vaccinated at all, very favourably.

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    Given that over 90% of the deaths haven’t been vaccinated at all, very favourably.
    I look at today's figures and nearly 20% have had one jab. Certainly a lot better than no jab but not as good as two jabs. As would be expected.
    statman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I look at today's figures and nearly 20% have had one jab. Certainly a lot better than no jab but not as good as two jabs. As would be expected.
    Agree. But definitely better than nothing.
    hullexile likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6