Daily Press Conference @ 4:30PM
Livestream:1. Principal Medical and Health Officer of the Communicable Disease Branch of the Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health, Dr Albert Au
2. Chief Manager (Patient Safety and Risk Management) of the Hospital Authority, Dr Sara Ho
- 15789 PCR - 1 Imported
- 11558 RAT Confirmed (ID / RAT Photo Recd)
Deaths: 198 in last 24 hours ( 36-107YO) (119 from care homes, 140 had no vax, 37 1 dose)
Backlogged Deaths: 87 (19 - 104 YO)
- No Delta in random sampling
- +23 care homes - 11 elderly and 12 disabled
- +285 deaths
- Death: 8.2% Delta, 84.2% Omicron - Remaining undetermined (random sampling)
- > 80 YO - 91.4% had not had 2 doses
- 10K+ Staff Members are positive 6500 have returned
Highlights and Q&A
- People who have completed RATP registration should upload their documents in the link sent via SMS. Link is valid for 24 hours. After the link is expired, you will not be able to report again.
- From the summaries of "younger deaths" - does seem like majority of the younger deaths have had underlying conditions like cancer, heart diseases and other severe illnesses.
- Civil Servants who are +ve have to show up at work - what about people who work in high risk places involving children etc?
(Far too complicated for the average civil servant to comprehend...they'll need a computer says yes or no protocol)
- If they have recovered and have two shots and have 2 negative tests on 6/7 days they can return to work.
- If they subsequently test +ve with PCR they're not considered re-positive tests due to sensitivity of PCR tests
- Numbers are similar to previous few days - no major drop and hovering at about 30K. No exponential increase either. RTD have picked up a high number of cases (no reduction).
- RTD operations - Average positive ratio is very consistent around 12-13%
- Should RAT reporting be made mandatory or should there be incentives to report? (People are not reporting their RATPs)
- Blah blah .. report, receive isolation etc ... Seems like they need to update their script.
- We cannot rule out people are hiding their RATPs ...