Like Tree25Likes

Fitness First: Employees Fired / 8 Branches Closed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Fitness First: Employees Fired / 8 Branches Closed

Google translate the news

https://www.hk01.com/%E7%A4%BE%E6%9C...B5%82%E6%AD%A2

Fitness First - Everyone is fired / 8 Branches Closed

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere. News to me .. but then I'm slow...

Since the outbreak of the new crown epidemic in Hong Kong, all industries have been hit hard, including fitness centers, which have been repeatedly shut down. Fitness First, a fitness center chain with eight branches, announced yesterday (14) to its employees and trainers that the entire line will not open again, and all employment contracts were terminated yesterday.

The industry expects that about three to four hundred employees were laid off, and said that it is now a winter period, fearing that more fitness centers will close down.
    https://www.hk01.com/%E7%A4%BE%E6%9C...%81%9E/747094/

Fitness First was a decent gym - at least it worked for me ... up until about two years ago.

Credit to the management for stopping auto payments from clients the last couple of months.

Cheeky Kiwi, shri, ramelec and 2 others like this.

Great shame. It was a decent gym.

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

I mean we should blame the government, but except that, surely this must be a case of landlord not budging on rent concessions?

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    I mean we should blame the government, but except that, surely this must be a case of landlord not budging on rent concessions?
    I doubt if even very large rent concessions would be enough to keep a business going when there's next to no revenue at all coming in. Anecdotally, a lot of people had cancelled their gym memberships already.
    RobRoy and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    You should trust your gut instinct.

I was offered a sales position there last year. Thank heavens i declined.

How come HK's politicians don't get their salaries docked? They are destroying people's businesses, people's lives, destroying social life, destroying the student experience, etc. Yet they aren't losing pay, or their jobs, or anything. Zero covid policy is fine only until a certain point, after which it is hugely destructive towards society and the population.

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    How come HK's politicians don't get their salaries docked? They are destroying people's businesses, people's lives, destroying social life, destroying the student experience, etc. Yet they aren't losing pay, or their jobs, or anything. Zero covid policy is fine only until a certain point, after which it is hugely destructive towards society and the population.
    Zero covid was never fine, never.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast