Like Tree48Likes

87% of Vaccinated Deaths Had Sinovac

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    https://twitter.com/tripperhead/status/1506127771365306368

Didn’t look beyond the topline but perhaps this can be given a rest for a while.
    Read the chart. Bigger difference in mortality prevention/severe disease prevention between the two vaccines on 2 dose but most importantly 1 dose. Given that most who got vaccinated (emphasis on the elderly) due to the 5th wave/vaccine pass for restaurants would've only had time to get 1 dose, would've been better if BioNTech was specifically recommended. There is no way someone who first got vaxxed once the first local omicron transmission happened could've gotten all 3 sinovac doses in time for the exponential spread.
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Here is what they said when asked if they were surprised by their findings
    https://twitter.com/kjoules/status/1506139757596020736

Read the chart. Bigger difference in mortality prevention/severe disease prevention between the two vaccines on 2 dose but most importantly 1 dose
    We already knew this, and last year I asked why if one dose of BioNTech was as effective as two of Sinovac why that shouldn’t count as “vaccinated”.

Not in love with poor HK policymaking but this is obviously more relevant going forward with whatever is true locally, and for China policy.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    The 87% are out of context. You need to normalize the data.

Sinovac: 924 death out of 174641 = 0.53%
    BioNTech: 120 death out of 51131 = 0.23%

It looks like you have a 50% better survival chance with BioNTech, but the numbers are rather low and error margin could be high.
    So if we accept those figures, if NO sinovac had been used and EVERY vaccination was Pfizer then the deaths in Hong Kong would have fallen from 6119 to 5596.

(There are then issues around the health of the people who had sinovac compared to Pfizer and dying with rather than from covid).

Original Post Deleted
    Well worth a read. Some very interesting findings.

Original Post Deleted
    As repeatably stated double jabbed with Sinovac with a long time since the last vaccine should not be considered in a 'good' vaccinated state. The above basically repeats the study I cited from Chile some time ago clearly pointed to this where efficacy rates for double jabbed Sinovac were poor but much much better with mix and match booster and much better with another of Sinovac. I believe I also posted a Turkish study that showed 3 shots of Sinovac perform better. Data for how various vaccine combo's perform over time will need to be seen.

HK Gov still treat 2 shots of Sinovac from 12 months ago as fully vaccinated which is a wrong approach but this issues is due to change in a few days although not having a strategy of mixing and matching with a wide gamut of vaccines is still a very isolated approach generally only seen in a few totalitarian regimes.

Original Post Deleted
    I have constantly and repeatably suggested over the last year 2 shots of Sinovac should not be treated as fully vaccinated after a period of time (shorter time frame) and that having a 2 brand policy is not good governance.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I have constantly and repeatably suggested over the last year 2 shots of Sinovac should not be treated as fully vaccinated after a period of time (shorter time frame) and that having a 2 brand policy is not good governance.
    Full-time score:

BioNTech /East_Coast 1 : 0 Sinocrap/DeletedUser
    Plutark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Full-time score:

BioNTech /East_Coast 1 : 0 Sinocrap/DeletedUser
    Still going with science I see. Really sage over the last two years you have just plummeted.

I think that sums up the level of science and fact behind the Sinocrap is useless brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Still going with science I see. Really sage over the last two years you have just plummeted.

I think that sums up the level of science and fact behind the Sinocrap is useless brigade.
    Eh? Sinocrap ain't useless. The Brit on the other hand, at attempting to misrepresent other people's positions......

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6