Like Tree30Likes

Vaccinations & Kids

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Vaccinations & Kids

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Sometimes I do think you are a secret anti vaxxer. .

Are you suggesting the risk of vaccination is equal to the risk of non vaccination? I think any parent who chooses not to get their kids vaxxed has a few screws missing.
    https://twitter.com/bencowling88/status/1506593883823689728

https://twitter.com/bencowling88/status/1506593891948052481

Another secret antivaxxer making essentially the same arguments to string up.

(I hope coming out of a different mouth the nuance is appreciated rather than dismissed, but I don’t want to argue or tread over the same points yet again so hopefully please spare me the brickbats if you don’t agree with his viewpoint, been labelled enough, will just automatically take it I’ve been roundly railed at again.)

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    https://twitter.com/bencowling88/status/1506593883823689728

https://twitter.com/bencowling88/status/1506593891948052481

Another secret antivaxxer making essentially the same arguments to string up.

(I hope coming out of a different mouth the nuance is appreciated rather than dismissed, but I don’t want to argue or tread over the same points yet again so hopefully please spare me the brickbats if you don’t agree with his viewpoint, been labelled enough, will just automatically take it I’ve been roundly railed at again.)
    You quoted me so I will respond.

1. I didn't think they needed to be vaccinated? That is what was decided earlier on another thread. So this argument becomes moot.

2. My post was because you originally implied that the risk of vaccination was the same as the risk of covid. You then changed the wording of your post and noted this.

So my post still stands and I think all parents should get their kids vaccinated but I have no issue with Ben Cowlings comment.
    ramelec likes this.

My post was because you originally implied that the risk of vaccination was the same as the risk of covid. You then changed the wording of your post and noted this.
    choose between two remote risks
    Just for the record. Original wording. Editing within the first 3 minutes is not recorded. My post was at 1.52pm. Yours was 1.57pm.

Given the post was removed from its original context, I reiterate that I did not intend to imply that, and I had already edited my post to make this clear upon rereading, before I saw you had already quoted me, and I replied to you noting in good faith that I had made that change you might otherwise have been unaware of.

I’m glad you agree there should be no lynch mob for people supporting choice and not undermining times coercion is better warranted. I also agree parents are probably better off getting their kids vaccinated. This separate topic creation is unnecessary because “kids and vaccination” was never the issue, it was “science and the necessary hurdle for ethical coercion”.

Now that we may well be 4m cases in, it's even clearer that the whole vaccine pass thing is yet more over-reach and massively so for kids.

Case in point is fuckwit Australia, kicking out the worlds best tennis player 1 minute and then massive u-turning and dropping restrictions the next.

Utter clowns.

Last edited by Sage; 23-03-2022 at 10:53 PM.
    jaswells likes this.

I hope all parents are calling and writing to EDB for an explanation of their plans. Forcing kids to vaccinate but offering no guarantee of protection from quarantine, subsequent school closures, etc. Maybe when the next wave hits they’ll shut schools and say they need 100%.

fruitsalad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I hope all parents are calling and writing to EDB for an explanation of their plans. Forcing kids to vaccinate but offering no guarantee of protection from quarantine, subsequent school closures, etc. Maybe when the next wave hits they’ll shut schools and say they need 100%.
    Can someone tell me what the policy on schools and vaccination is now? Individually don't need it but 90% have to be?

Can someone tell me what the policy on schools and vaccination is now? Individually don't need it but 90% have to be?
    Schools can only resume normal i.e. full day, lunch, etxra curricular if 90% of students are vaccinated. Otherwise it’s half days until…?

Most HK schools (some private and IS excepted) have been half day since 2020 - except when it’s been home learning of course.

Despite having high vaccination rates in January secondary schools were still closed during this wave of Covid. So there is no evidence of better treatment for schools who achieve this.

We all know collective treatment doesn't work. If the government insists 90% then people will be happy to be part of the 10%.

blandy62 and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    We all know collective treatment doesn't work. If the government insists 90% then people will be happy to be part of the 10%.
    But why? I know covid is an extremely low risk for kids but the vaccine is even lower. So why not? Is there anyone on here who refuses to get their kids vaccinated?

But why? I know covid is an extremely low risk for kids but the vaccine is even lower. So why not? Is there anyone on here who refuses to get their kids vaccinated?
    That’s not the issue. Vaccination achieves very little for children because their risk of severe Covid is already low. Government is pressuring families to take a pharmaceutical intervention that’s not really necessary - fine it’s safe but many parents don’t like to intervene beyond the basics. But then they give no assurance that it will mean kids aren’t going to be rounded up to quarantine camps or that school will actually stay open.

Families get nothing out of the bargain in other words.
    sjsa, fruitsalad, Sage and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast