Like Tree45Likes

Petition to remove Hotel Q. requirement for vaxxed.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    This crossed a whatsapp group and I felt a little irked that someone would be either so brazen or so thoughtless to share such a poorly written petition on an unrelated whatsapp group, adding yet more riffraff on whatsapp.

Who authored it? Who will they present it to? Where is there a citation to show evidence about the 60% who have been infected?

Then there's issues with wording like "complete lack" that really leave holes for argument even if it had traction.

The writing teacher in me cringes to think other adults are sharing this writing.

This petition does more harm than good and I wish people would stop circulating it and wasting everyone's time. (And no one in the government cares anyway...as MatthieuTofu points out... look at what a 2 million person petition got us! Three years of hell and counting!)
    That 60% figure matches the 4 million sage mentioned. Where does this come from? I don't think over half the HK resident posters on here have had covid or that over half the people they know have. Correct me if I am wrong. The number is big but not 60% I think.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That 60% figure matches the 4 million sage mentioned. Where does this come from? I don't think over half the HK resident posters on here have had covid or that over half the people they know have. Correct me if I am wrong. The number is big but not 60% I think.
    The point is a reference is needed to add validity and make this petition more convincing. But if Hull's proven method of geoexpat surveying does not show 60% then we have even more reason to doubt this petition...
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    HKU modeling estimates up to 4m will have gotten Covid by the end of this wave.

There are 1m known cases in the wave and it’s certainly at least 2x that as so many people haven’t reported or didn’t even know they’d had it.
    hullexile and Giggsy like this.

The worst thing about Change.org is that every time you sign a petition they put you back on their spam list and you have to unsubscribe again.

The wide ranging disclosure of the uses to which they can put your personal data and the absence of a readily identifiable means of opting out does not inspire confidence either.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:

There are 1m known cases in the wave and it’s certainly at least 2x that as so many people haven’t reported or didn’t even know they’d had it.
    That makes sense, thanks.

A complete waste of several clicks

No thanks

Have any of these made any difference at all?

https://www.change.org/search?q=hong%20kong&offset=0

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:

https://hongkongfp.com/2022/03/16/co...tudy-suggests/

http://www.med.hku.hk/en/news/press/...7B5F2796B.ashx

10 days ago 3.6m already infected if HKU are to be believed.

But irrespective of Shri deleting comments that point out the harsh realities of constantly complaining about conditions and being unwilling to do something as simple as sign a petition to attempt to rectify them still stands - Yup, I'm talking about you Geo.....
    Last edited by Sage; 24-03-2022 at 11:10 PM.

But irrespective of Shri deleting comments that point out the harsh realities of constantly complaining about conditions and being unwilling to do something as simple as sign a petition to attempt to rectify them still stands - Yup, I'm talking about you Geo.....
    More like trying to moderate your comments, which are inflammatory & irrelevant to signing meaningless shit. Write to the CE and copy paste even one of your posts on here if you feel you are REALLY willing to do something about it. Because you know your real life opinion matters so much more than your anonymous personality.

Or wait.. write an "open letter"...

Yup, I'm talking about you .....
    Cornmeal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    More like trying to moderate your comments, which are inflammatory & irrelevant to signing meaningless shit. Write to the CE and copy paste even one of your posts on here if you feel you are REALLY willing to do something about it. Because you know your real life opinion matters so much more than your anonymous personality.

Or wait.. write an "open letter"...

Yup, I'm talking about you .....
    it's a good suggestion - The boy Warwick made a valiant attempt.

It takes time to pen well however, and I'm working like mad at the moment.

But as for being anonymous, you know who I am Shri - go check FB. My public face comments are manifold.