Like Tree14Likes

Donating Consumption Voucher $ to Charities

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Donating Consumption Voucher $ to Charities

What's the best way to donate the $ from Alipay? Asking for a friend who's left HK.

Was thinking of a food shop on HKTVMall and delivering to the various charities. But is there an easier way to just send the $?

Cornmeal and Mrs. Jones like this.

Your intentions are good, but please be careful... https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...scheme-convert

rani likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks for the reply. Will definitely ask them what they need, but I prefer feeding the hungry than paying for paper.

Buy supermarket vouchers and distribute via a charity with database of needy families, unless u know them yourself already.

chuckster007, shri and rani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    What's the best way to donate the $ from Alipay? Asking for a friend who's left HK.
    Was thinking of a food shop on HKTVMall and delivering to the various charities. But is there an easier way to just send the $?
    Not sure if this works but ask your friend to send the money from Alipay to you to your FPS account or TNG, from there you can either cash our or transfer again to your account, then donate to some charity like IMPACTHK to feed the homeless.

https://impacthk.org/donate/

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Not sure if this works but ask your friend to send the money from Alipay to you to your FPS account or TNG, from there you can either cash our or transfer again to your account, then donate to some charity like IMPACTHK to feed the homeless.

https://impacthk.org/donate/
    I collected mine into an Octopus.
    The transfer out function in the Octopus app has been disabled, until $5K has been spent. One must use the funds with the card directly.
    I'm sure Alipay is the same.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mpbk:
    I'm sure Alipay is the same.
    Im well aware of Octopus limitation to prevent misuse, not sure HK govt has the same power to limit Alipay
    Lets see who used Alipay for the govt money and see if they can transfer it out or not.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Im well aware of Octopus limitation to prevent misuse, not sure HK govt has the same power to limit Alipay
    Lets see who used Alipay for the govt money and see if they can transfer it out or not.
    You can't transfer out from TapnGo either.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Thanks for this! Think we'll split it between Feeding HK and Refugee Union.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast