Like Tree27Likes

May 2022 - HK Covid News & Updates

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Need to rescind the quarantine. As usual HK will be the last to do so after tourism and economy hits Rick bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiibill:
    If his advice is followed, back to Draconian tactics and more frustrations. As it is many restaurants don’t often scan or check the vaccine status.
    That's an interesting comment because everywhere I have been in the last few weeks has been vigilant on this point. The prospect of fines, enforced closure for 2 weeks (this has happened) or worse is not worth the gamble.

Anyone else dined at somewhere that hasn't asked?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    That's an interesting comment because everywhere I have been in the last few weeks has been vigilant on this point. The prospect of fines, enforced closure for 2 weeks (this has happened) or worse is not worth the gamble.

Yup. Several places.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Yup. Several places.
    Interesting! Might I suggest I have only dined at possible FEHD inspection targets (but I have been to a couple in Sai Kung that asked)

Interesting! Might I suggest I have only dined at possible FEHD inspection targets (but I have been to a couple in Sai Kung that asked)
    Seems probable. The ones out my way checking with vigor were shut down before, the ones not checking are 1) we're regulars at and know them well, 2) villager seems to have a nudge, nudge, wink, wink with authorities, and 3) IDK, off the beaten path I suppose.

All rather pointless at this stage, won't bring back the dead and a RAT to enter a resto? How's that going to work? standing outside waiting for 15mins or folks will just bring along a neg one they already have?
    Elegiaque and natino like this.

Nope all restaurants I had to scan. Even one place (ice cream shop) I just wanted take away, they insisted on scanning.

I think in my neck of the woods it's similar like Cornmeal says. If you're sitting outside, too, I find they aren't too picky. I do wonder for restaurants that never scan your QR code -- can't the government track this discrepancy?

But many do require the scanning. And then there are those who set up a designated phone/ipad to read your QR code and they never work.

I'm guessing this means the CE office did not agree with my email suggestion that these mf experts need a kick in the mouth so that they'll think twice before speaking.

Maybe I should try the shawshank redemption trick. If I write 2 emails a week, maybe they'll eventually agree to do something just to stop me from sending more emails (≖_≖ ).

Yes, often.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast