Like Tree14Likes

May LeaveHomeSafe / VaccinePass Rules

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

@shri do you think this was the issue I was having though? My QR code displayed, but when the restaurant staff scanned it it showed an error message (granted I didn't take the time to ask them to let me look at it). They immediately asked me "do you have 3 vaccines" but my stored record was a 2-vaccine record, so I thought in May there had been some change in the rules requiring 3 and thus I was rejected and there was no hope of compromise. I even had a picture of my 2-vaccine record and they tried scanning that, but no luck. So it really seemed the restaurant scanner was rejecting the 2-vaccine code.

Because I was in one of the groups that got the vaccine early, perhaps my second dose in that record was too old? More than one year maybe? Ohhh, I just looked, maybe the record I had scanned in my LHS app was the 1st dose one, as it said "2nd dose pending"... But why would it have worked the week before?

Anyway... my LHS app is updated with the 3-dose one and I took a picture to store on my phone, too. Actually let me just print a copy of my QR code and keep that in my wallet.

Point is -- we're all so fed up. Restaurant staff really doesn't want to waste their time, as if they ever had extra time to do this... customers fed up... and I'm rambling on about this fed up... (sorry I'm wasting readers 2 minutes of life). Now that the government has a beautiful tracking app in place for every place anyone goes I can't see this annoying aspect of life ever going away in the CC(TV)P land.

What's still not clear to me, is if I have 3 doses, but their scanner can't verify that, is that breaking a law to serve me?

Original Post Deleted
    I'd imagine only those needing proof in order to get sick leave would be reporting , others just isolate a couple days until their RAT turns neg. I've not heard of random phone checks but if you did a PCR I'd say it's already been reported into some system private or public. Why did you do a PCR in the first place?

It now appears more widespread and more evenly distributed than the 5th wave, it's everywhere now, it'd be easier to eradicate bad breath in the city than the virus.
    Name:  chp-dashboard.geodata.gov.hk.png
Views: 218
Size:  848.0 KB

Original Post Deleted
    A guy I know did that and he received messages to tell him to leave the place. CANNOT

Original Post Deleted
    CAN NOT is a common expression in HK, usually people can't be bothered to check something and will say CANNOT, which they usually pronounce CALLOT.
    Mrs. Jones and aw451 like this.