Like Tree14Likes

May LeaveHomeSafe / VaccinePass Rules

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

May LeaveHomeSafe / VaccinePass Rules

And there you have it. I got rejected from a restaurant today because I guess my LeaveHomeSafe app vaccination record is the only 2-vaccine one... Has there been some update in rules that now you have to have 3 to eat at a restaurant? I can't possibly keep up. And I also don't see where to delete my old record and update it (I am just deleting app data).

Seriously, fuck this.... and fuck grumpy rude staff.

LHS=>vaccination record=>show details=>(scroll to bottom)Update.

then scan the QR code on the certificate with ur 3 vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    And there you have it. I got rejected from a restaurant today because I guess my LeaveHomeSafe app vaccination record is the only 2-vaccine one... Has there been some update in rules that now you have to have 3 to eat at a restaurant? I can't possibly keep up. And I also don't see where to delete my old record and update it (I am just deleting app data).

Seriously, fuck this.... and fuck grumpy rude staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    And there you have it. I got rejected from a restaurant today because I guess my LeaveHomeSafe app vaccination record is the only 2-vaccine one...
    You don't need 3 doses right now.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 2.20.33 PM.png
Views: 1224
Size:  150.2 KB

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/v...NG.pdf?noembed
    AliT and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Huh, then I wonder what happened... It's been over a year, though, I think since my second dose. Got third dose in January. Gosh, I don't know anymore.. anyway, the staff became kind of rude and started to ignore me... if they couldn't just click a button and get the green light, they had zero interest. Classic uncomfortable Hong Kong situation. And the staff know me well. And I am quite a hangry kind of person, so not a very good time to just start ignoring me and not being clear about whether or not they would serve me or what was wrong...

Elegiaque, experienced a similar situation recently not 3rd dose related though that's sounds just wrongly interpreted rules. Its fairly typical Asian behavior in certain situations, quite often some language barrier involved as well. My job is to check you got a green light, if not green light you are denied. If there is a valid reason for not green light and a workaround should have been provided zero f#cks is given because my job is just to check green light or not. After 10 years in HK I still find this mentality as one of the larger differences of my northern European culture and the culture here in HK.

We ended up going to another restaurant where they provided a nice paper list which we just signed and were allowed in. So its not like this mentality is ingrained everywhere but you come across it now and then in different situations and I usually get angry when it happens

Original Post Deleted
    Get my stuff in order? How? It had been working fine until today! This lot I don't think are "peasants". Still no reason to just start ignoring a customer -- not explaining what they want or decided or trying to find an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Elegiaque, experienced a similar situation recently not 3rd dose related though that's sounds just wrongly interpreted rules. Its fairly typical Asian behavior in certain situations, quite often some language barrier involved as well. My job is to check you got a green light, if not green light you are denied. If there is a valid reason for not green light and a workaround should have been provided zero f#cks is given because my job is just to check green light or not. After 10 years in HK I still find this mentality as one of the larger differences of my northern European culture and the culture here in HK.

We ended up going to another restaurant where they provided a nice paper list which we just signed and were allowed in. So its not like this mentality is ingrained everywhere but you come across it now and then in different situations and I usually get angry when it happens
    I went to another restaurant -- one of many that don't bother, especially if you just sit outside.

I wonder what the issue could have been if not the third dose... it sounds like the system is just messed up. And also, it seems the QR code is not linked to a server with our information -- there's not just one QR code with our record that gets the record updated. Second dose QR code is one QR code -- third dose QR code is third dose.

And what does the law say... are you breaking the law if you don't provide a record of 3 doses? Or are you breaking the law if you don't have the doses?

I dont believe a 'computer says no' mentality is limited to Asian behaviour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n56uHXQJbA

It wasn't exactly a "computer says no" mentality... it was more like "there's other customers, and you're a complicated one" ignore, when I'm actually a regular customer and they know I went as recently as last week with a successful QR code. I think what irks me more is the lack of friendliness towards a regular customer to help figure it out or just let it "slide" this time for a quick 10 minute lunch.

There's a bug with the Android app (I only have Android so it could also be in iPhone). If you scan the entry QR too quickly it sometimes displays the red "no vaccination record" screen. You need to wait a few seconds and scan again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast