Like Tree14Likes

Summer Holiday - Aug Quarantine Hotel Bookings

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

So Aaron was right after all...

https://geoexpat.com/forum/415/thread363675.html

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Extracted from QT Facebook. By the end of June LMAO. In fairness I suppose Covid is new

Attachment 86735
    Attachment 86736
    May one inquire where Anne found this announcement? Did a quick search on different gouvernment sites and didn't find anything.

Personally I don't have much hope regarding the quarantine situation, based on the last two years of hyper cautious, erratic, often unscientific and nonsensical regulations and the frequent knee-jerk reactions and flip flops.

Said that, it's hard to predict what our government will do tomorrow and I'm open to be convinced otherwise... by rational argumentation or new intel. What I find baffling is so many people around me proclaiming with absolute certainty that we'll soon have home quarantine, without quoting any source or motivating their statement.

If you know something I don't, or have a good theory, please do share! If you don't, then please frame the home quarantine statement as your opinion, or wishful thinking, not The Truth. People around me start to sound like prophets, and I am not a woman of faith

Gatts and Crankshaft like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaravonbreit:
    May one inquire where Anne found this announcement? Did a quick search on different gouvernment sites and didn't find anything.
    Apparently an email they received from FEHD in response to an enquiry about when the 8th round of hotels will be announced.

There are no official announcements other than they have invited hotels to express interest in participating.
    Barbaravonbreit likes this.

The cancellation penalties are a pain for many hotels. Some allow free cancellation, but most do not - minimum one night charged or worse. Understandable in some ways as otherwise there are multiple bookings, but just increases the stress levels for the customers.

AliT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baklava:
    Personally I don't have much hope regarding the quarantine situation, based on the last two years of hyper cautious, erratic, often unscientific and nonsensical regulations and the frequent knee-jerk reactions and flip flops.

Said that, it's hard to predict what our government will do tomorrow and I'm open to be convinced otherwise... by rational argumentation or new intel. What I find baffling is so many people around me proclaiming with absolute certainty that we'll soon have home quarantine, without quoting any source or motivating their statement.

If you know something I don't, or have a good theory, please do share! If you don't, then please frame the home quarantine statement as your opinion, or wishful thinking, not The Truth. People around me start to sound like prophets, and I am not a woman of faith
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...arrie-Lam-says

As for me, just trying to read between the lines....how often has she been repeating that there won't be any further changes BEFORE end of june...and then there is this big party we are going to have on july 1st...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaravonbreit:
    It is really sad to see how a grown man loses his temper and gets emotional just because other people might have another assessment of the quarantine situation than he has.
    Well look who it is...

In what universe did my post sound like I am losing my temper and getting emotional? You don't know me and obviously can't see just how little I care about anything anymore.

The only sad thing here is a certain grown up who was/is so naïvely confident to think quarantine would have been gone by June. I would really like to hear what she (I assume) has to say now. Hope she hasn't cleaned all the egg off her face yet as it seems there is a lot more to come.

So don't be sad for me. Save it for your continuous self-inflicted disappointed to come for the rest of the year.
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Well look who it is...

In what universe did my post sound like I am losing my temper and getting emotional? You don't know me and obviously can't see just how little I care about anything anymore.

The only sad thing here is a certain grown up who was/is so naïvely confident to think quarantine would have been gone by June. I would really like to hear what she (I assume) has to say now. Hope she hasn't cleaned all the egg off her face yet as it seems there is a lot more to come.

So don't be sad for me. Save it for your continuous self-inflicted disappointed to come for the rest of the year.
    as I have said before, I will go back to munich for summer and will be back here in hk in early september...or never. Depends on whether I have to do quarantine or not. My guess is that quarantine will be phased out starting in july, and if I am wrong, I am just going to leave. Some people complain, some people act. Have a nice day, cranky

So few hotels are actually taking bookings for August. Some will let you book starting late July and going into early August but with a caveat 'there's no guarantee we will actually be on the 8th cycle'...WTF?

hike likes this.