Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AsianXpat0

Massive plan for government restructuring - why?

Closed Thread

Massive plan for government restructuring - why?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage

I am sure there must be a compelling reason for this 'massive' change but it seems to be getting lost in the messaging.

No reason, sometimes sudden shake-up/jolt is needed to wake sleeping/wondering serpents up and tell the message 'Change is coming, line up and prepare for groveling or be ready to go into wilderness'.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3178013/hong-kong-leader-carrie-lam-confident-massive-government

Taxpayers to fund scapegoats and full-time mouthfrother. All cheer the improved governance.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Taxpayers to fund scapegoats and full-time mouthfrother. All cheer the improved governance.
    Blood for oil was all my taxes were paying for back home

I'd rather fund jaw jaw than war war

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:

The Exchange Fund and the MPF for civil servants are both invested in Chinese stocks and bonds, so technically your taxes are funding concentration camps.

South Sudan?

https://www.hrw.org/reports/2003/sudan1103/26.htm

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

This post, like many of the others from you, is intensely irritating, and I worked out why.

The 2 main things to strike me are:
    1) we are talking about how pear version B has yet more bruises or maggots than version A, and your contribution (repeatedly I might add) is that you like pears better than grapes [and because from your POV grapes make alcohol which to you is poison]. Regardless of the truth of your statement, that has fundamentally no bearing whether the additional property of the pear going more pear-shaped is negative or positive or fundamentally enjoyable.
    2) what you are saying is fundamentally wrong, if you consider looking at Putin’s history, jaw jaw led to war war. On a smaller scale there’s the United Front associated church shooter. These people are strongly indicated to be inspired by ideology. If I read you correctly, the cynical realpolitik you claim the U.S. (U.K.?) was playing is worse than some nutty distortion of reality where aggressors are victims.

You’ve succeeded in wasting our time with what doesn’t seem an at all tenable position. I just have to ask. To what end? Defending rewarding lunatics that rewarding to you?
    Flapster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Defending rewarding lunatics that rewarding to you?
    What is the question here?

Do I think Tony Bliar is worse than Currie Lamb? Or madder? Maybe not to begin with, but by the end for sure.

What is the question here?

Do I think Tony Bliar is worse than Currie Lamb? Or madder? Maybe not to begin with, but by the end for sure.
    Please compare and contrast the changes to society implemented by both.

Are you bemoaning Mr Blair's touting of a referendum on the UK's role in the EU
    ?
    https://www.dw.com/en/blair-confirms...tion/a-1175331
    Last edited by East_coast; 18-05-2022 at 04:28 AM.