Like Tree40Likes

2 Teenage Student Suicides Today - First day back to school

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted

Just read the news in English version...
    RIP

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...cide-pact'
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    That's not what I got from the article at all.
    Andy SNK likes this.

Beutiful Italy, where people don't know how to drive :)
    Original Post Deleted
    Rest in peace!
    hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Philips:
    The last two paragraphs sum up the problem:

Rest in peace!
    how about few paragraphs before that?
    The two had been lovers, sources said, adding one of them had been visiting a social worker recently due to relationship troubles.
    I believe no one really knows what really happened to those poor souls, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    According to my experience, some well-known or band 1 schools (not private schools) are not as "fierce" as their reputations. yes it is hard to enter, lots of qualifications, certificates, bla bla bla, but day to day activities are not like that. sometimes no homeworks, 40/100 marks to pass a test, clumsy teachers, etc.

Beutiful Italy, where people don't know how to drive :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy SNK:
    how about few paragraphs before that?

I believe no one really knows what really happened to those poor souls, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    According to my experience, some well-known or band 1 schools (not private schools) are not as "fierce" as their reputations. yes it is hard to enter, lots of qualifications, certificates, bla bla bla, but day to day activities are not like that. sometimes no homeworks, 40/100 marks to pass a test, clumsy teachers, etc.
    Absolute nonsense. They want to remain band one, and the only way to do that is for the students to outperform themselves. The top tier schools burn the living souls out of kids.

Thank god we left HK. My daughter had NO free time after coming back to school during weekdays, and AT LEAST one whole day on the weekend of homework (we always tried to have one day off). Now in Europe she has NO homework the weekends, and 1/2 hour of homework during weekdays evenings. It's night and day. Less rubbish to memorise and repeat, more creative learning.
    Mrs. Jones and Skyhook like this.

HK Chinese in general are very conservative towards LGBT. My guess is they couldn't stand the pressure from their parents and school.

It is very sad. HK need to be more open-minded.

RIP

qhank and Skyhook like this.

Original Post Deleted
    From my relatives who went to this particular school, literally decades ago, it wasn't presented as a particular problem.

I think this thread is full of people inferring far too much into a situation that none of us have any insight to.