Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cheeky Kiwi

31 May Vaccine Pass requirement for 1st booster

31 May Vaccine Pass requirement for 1st booster

What do people do if they previously isolated at home for Covid and do not have an official record of contracting Covid and also missed on the self-reporting mechanism?
    There's a requirement to get the 1st booster by 31 May for the Vaccine Pass. But you want to delay getting the booster (ie not by 31 May) to allow a longer gap between the previous infection and the booster (for personal health reasons). With no official Covid record, this will not be possible?
    Another siutation: if you are infected after having the 1st 2 doses, you don't need a booster. But you can't avail yourself of this if you don't have an official record of Covid.

I somehow got a recovery QR code by contacting the recovery hotline. I wouldn't advise this unless you have plenty of time spare/ very patient mindset as it was a frustrating process.

Quote Originally Posted by jaswells:
    I somehow got a recovery QR code by contacting the recovery hotline. I wouldn't advise this unless you have plenty of time spare/ very patient mindset as it was a frustrating process.
    Did they require more than a photo of the + RAT?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Did they require more than a photo of the + RAT?
    No, but they are randomly sending over the hazmat crew for random PCR verification.

No clue what the odds are at the moment.

Having said that, there is no real reason not to take the booster if you've been recently +ve that I'm aware of. I'm sure I've heard the CHP people mention this - take the booster if you're not sure if you've had covid in the past (asymptomatic / never been diagnosed).

It is not optimal in terms of efficiency, but you're not going to glow in the dark.

From the CHP doc... (last line...).

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 1.11.22 PM.png
Views: 842
Size:  109.8 KB

If there was any doubt or area of concern that the booster would make you glow in the dark, the CHP and other central health authorities would not be so casual about "if you're not certain.. take it anyways.."

Lots of brochures here:

https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/en/recommendedDoses
    Last edited by shri; 11-05-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    It is not optimal in terms of efficiency, but you're not going to glow in the dark.
    Seconded

Some German guy had over 90 shots (as a stand in for people)

Still standing

Some NZ guy had 10 shots in a day

Still standing
    qhank likes this.

Didn't even ask for that.

Did you recently get the recovery QR code? What number did you call? I've called the DH number 25695777 but it's no longer in use. Called the 31422366 number and answered by young staffers who couldn't help

Sorry, meant this as a reply to jaswells' initial post!

Last edited by scotsam; 11-05-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsam:
    Did you recently get the recovery QR code? What number did you call? I've called the DH number 25695777 but it's no longer in use. Called the 31422366 number and answered by young staffers who couldn't help

Sorry, meant this as a reply to jaswells' initial post!
    REcovery Hotline: 2569 5777. It took me days to get through. You should find it is still active.