Restaurant fined in Soho for staying open

Closed Thread

Restaurant fined in Soho for staying open

Anyone know which restaurant this is?

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...pen-after-10pm

Voucher money

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    Voucher money
    What do you think pays for the vouchers?
    blandy62 likes this.

I wonder how much past 10 pm we are talking. On the same evening in SoHo I was picking up my better half who happily sat at their tables like 22:10, basically paying the bill then. When I looked around a lot of places seemed to be slipping like 10-15 min on the deadline. I guess this must been a bit more than slipping slightly past the 10 mark.

Meanwhile .. this party ended up with a 1.09M HKD fine.

B'day celebration of a ... community leader of sorts.

The police eventually cited the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Businesses and Premises) Regulations, Cap 599F, as a breach of the law: "During the period from May 5 to May 18, banquets for not more than 20 persons may be held on the catering premises.

The police arrested the manager of the restaurant and charged 219 people, including 156 men and 63 women, aged between 19 and 75. At a fine of $5,000, the banquet attendees were fined $1,095,000. Two of the men present were wanted for non-payment of fines and breach of court orders. The police operation was completed late into the night and the attendees were released, ending a gangster birthday banquet with a million dollar fine "gift" from the police.
    https://www.hk01.com/%E7%AA%81%E7%99%BC/770597/

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    I wonder how much past 10 pm we are talking. On the same evening in SoHo I was picking up my better half who happily sat at their tables like 22:10, basically paying the bill then. When I looked around a lot of places seemed to be slipping like 10-15 min on the deadline. I guess this must been a bit more than slipping slightly past the 10 mark.
    There are places that do "lock-ins" so way passed the curfew (into the wee hours)

I actually do know which restaurant it is, not sure if I should share it here though.