Like Tree65Likes

Wider Availability of 4th Dose Recommended

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Just revisiting this to see if @Elegiaque (whom I think has left HK and this forum now) or anyone else managed to get a 4th jab before the 6months from the 3rd jab are up. Similar to him i'm about 2 weeks shy but i'll be off to Europe before then...

I'm assuming i can rock up to a CVC (leighton hill most likely) with my flight ticket printed out and get it if i sign some sort of disclaimer?

qhank, Elegiaque and jabalong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    Just revisiting this to see if @Elegiaque (whom I think has left HK and this forum now) or anyone else managed to get a 4th jab before the 6months from the 3rd jab are up. Similar to him i'm about 2 weeks shy but i'll be off to Europe before then...

I'm assuming i can rock up to a CVC (leighton hill most likely) with my flight ticket printed out and get it if i sign some sort of disclaimer?
    I'm on my way right now to find out! Will let you know!
    HSY and Shiojiri Hiro like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I'm on my way right now to find out! Will let you know!
    leighton hill is a testing center. closest vaccination location is in leighton center.
    shri likes this.

There's also a pop up cvc until the end of this month on leighton road/caroline hill road (sorry thats what i meant to type). where the old cable and wireless 5-a-side pitches were.

The govt website said that leighton center didnt do same-day tickets (which i assume means no walk-ins?)

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    leighton hill is a testing center. closest vaccination location is in leighton center.
    Last edited by Shiojiri Hiro; 22-06-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Im booked for my 4th this Saturday morning.

Shiojiri Hiro likes this.

I got it. Showed proof of my flight. I was about two weeks early. Hopefully this will keep symptoms mild if/when I get it while traveling. Not sure when or if I'll get another dose in the future.

shri, HSY, Tom007 and 2 others like this.

without getting into the weeds in this, what's the benefit of getting a 4th dose if you are youngish and relatively healthy?

travelling at start of July, considering whether I should get the 4th dose.

Had third dose in Feb.

Without getting into the weeds, you're good to go

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I got it. Showed proof of my flight. I was about two weeks early. Hopefully this will keep symptoms mild if/when I get it while traveling. Not sure when or if I'll get another dose in the future.
    awesome ! Well done … tell me about your symptoms.. I was a bit off the rails the day after the 4th jab … Have a safe trip
    Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    awesome ! Well done … tell me about your symptoms.. I was a bit off the rails the day after the 4th jab … Have a safe trip
    I hardly felt third dose (after rough 1st and 2nd). Let's see.
    @pin I also thought about that, too, but there was an interview posted with Ben Cowling (via tripper head) and he didn't speak specifically about 4th dose but he seemed to imply that if you've got your second/third dose you'll avoid serious illness, but your antibodies wear off. But in the weeks/months after a booster, your immunity is strong and you avoid the illness, only mild. Since we have a holiday planned and will be traveling, I figured I wanted the best immunity I could get since I'm a covid virgin. After this though, and living in places that accept it (ie don't need to worry about community isolation facilities), I think I'll just let it be and see what long term recommendations are.

https://twitter.com/DrDOwens/...DQoc-Vk9sqAAAA
    Last edited by Elegiaque; 22-06-2022 at 05:38 PM.
    Flapster, drumbrake, pin and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast