Like Tree58Likes

June 2022: HK Covid News & Updates

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

From the "my mess is now your mess" file:

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage

A bit worried,lol

I don't understand what is meant by "Reopening border with mainland". There were 6+ months last year of zero cases and the border wasn't opened. And even now traveling between different provinces within the mainland requires 7+7 or 14+7 days quarantine (hotel+home). So in fact HK is already open to the mainland as much as can be possible. And say for example the closest border to Shenzhen can be opened quarantine-free, why would Shenzhen take that risk? If even 10 cases show up they lockdown their whole city so Shenzhen wouldn't want to take on such risk with so little reward. The only way to do it would be a quota which would be so low it would make it almost useless, plus it will most probably require a huge list of restrictions and demands placed upon HK in exchange for such a favor.

I have a feeling that signals the death knell for the Sevens for 2022 and possibly another HK icon paling into obscurity.

Banking conference? Who knows? But whether he comes to HK or not I’m pretty confident we’ll get a very clear statement of intent from both Xi and CE within the next two weeks.

With Macao seemingly doing wide testing on the back of just a few cases and signals of more GBA integration I’m not overly optimistic.

Gatts likes this.

But

But

Hope?

Crankshaft likes this.

1327 cases today...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    1327 cases today...
    And there are so many more. After the 5th (or was it actually our first?) wave died down, I didn't know anyone who was positive in the last few months but since a week or 2 more and more friends got positive and none of them reported it, obviously.

Does look like it has hit a few groups a bit harder in this wavelet... Also am aware of more people this time around than previously. But I guess that could just be shit catching up with the rest of us... It's all inevitable.

Cheeky Kiwi and Sith like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Does look like it has hit a few groups a bit harder in this wavelet... Also am aware of more people this time around than previously. But I guess that could just be shit catching up with the rest of us... It's all inevitable.
    Indeed, It's been inevitable for 2.5 years now, and yet still we see so many HK'ers trying to hide from it.

Bring it on again!
    Cheeky Kiwi and Insomnia like this.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast