Like Tree58Likes

June 2022: HK Covid News & Updates

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Is it just a co-incidence that I am now seeing a wider prevalence of confirmed cases with friends, acquaintances and work colleagues? Weeks ago, even during the big wave a known Covid positive would have been big news for me. Makes me suspect that the current numbers are massively under reported.

qhank and BCD like this.

Border open or not what's fucking unbelievable is that I sent a box to Shenzhen on the 25th of May and it has still not arrived (HK post). Why should even our mail be restricted to our motherland?

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Makes me suspect that the current numbers are massively under reported.
    They may be under-reported but not as much as you think. This wavelet is getting the few who were previously unaffected.

I am not sure if they have published or looked at numbers related to re-positive cases. Without these numbers, I'd suspect they're new cases and there are just a handful of folks are this point who have not had it.

Can't say for HK, I still don't know anyone personally who had Covid. But a friend in SG mentioned a few down with it in office in last 2 weeks, slightly higher than normal.

The spike could be genuine, it is the usual seasonal flu period + aided by increased reporting that would have gone unreported if it didn't fall so close to the 3rd/4th vaccine timing - a lot are not comfortable w taking the vaccine when they've gotten it before in such proximity and only realizing this at 3rd vaccine point so would rather report now if they think there is a 4th/5th coming up.

Anecdotally, it seems to be picking again in UK - I know lots of friends and acquaintances that seem to have caught it in the last month or so. However, all very mild cases

About 1070 cases give or take 10-20. 121 international arrivals.

These upticks are presumably going to start driving masses of flight bans again... or has that already happened?

I'm surprised flights are even still allowed to operate with such high import cases considering these clowns are scared of their own shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    These upticks are presumably going to start driving masses of flight bans again... or has that already happened?
    They've relaxed some of the criteria. Based on where we were 1 month ago there would have been plenty. At the moment we are down to three (it may be two) of them

The number of confirmed cases continues to rise, with Hong Kong reaching 1,000 for the ninth consecutive day and 1,650 new cases confirmed today (23rd), including 128 imported cases. One new death was reported. Schools have reported 172 cases, and St Joseph's English Primary School Class 6C has had 3 cases in the past 7 days.
    [16:36] Chief Manager (Patient Safety and Risk Management) of the Hospital Authority, Ms Ho Yuen-ha, said that despite the recent increase in the number of infected patients, their conditions are all relatively mild and stable.

https://www.hk01.com/sns/article/784566

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast