Like Tree26Likes

2022 Consumption Voucher - New Eligibility & Distribution Schedule

Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    42,818

    Za Bank has a $500 offer of some sort.

    To get the $500 account opening reward, you must have never opened any bank account with ZA Bank and held any product or service with ZA Bank. You shall:
    1. register on this account registration page with mobile number, SMS verification code and email address during the promotion period
    2. use the same mobile number to open a ZA Bank account at the latest version of ZA Bank App during the promotion period
    3. submit your Octopus Card no. registered for the Phase II of 2022 Consumption Voucher Scheme on the “Collect consumption vouchers with Octopus" page in the “Explore” tab of ZA Bank App within 14 days after successful account opening

    Upon completion of the above steps, you will receive a reward collection notification on or before 31 August 2022. You shall then collect $500 through Octopus designated channels
    https://bank.za.group/en/web-half-op...46b87f82bb2fd2

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    22,173

    Why is there a requirement to take tax then give it back in such a clumsy way?


  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4,506
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3181994/hong-kong-consumption-vouchers-what-you-need-know

    Those using any of the other five service providers will receive HK$2,000 on August 7 and the remaining HK$3,000 on October 1, with both vouchers expiring on February 28 next year.
    Based on what’s written in the SCMP, those of you considering absences of indeterminate duration from December this year might be well served considering providers other than Octopus.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    24

    Does anyone know how to deregister for this voucher thing? For example if you are no longer eligible based on the new criteria.


  5. #35

    Question to you guys: for the registration of the consumption voucher, one requirement is that you 'have not been absent continuously from 18 June 2019 to 12 June 2022', so in case you just happen to travel just recently (before this 12 June cut-off date already) but are still employed in HK and have a rented apartment in HK, coming back soon, this should be okay (= not continuously absent even though applying while overseas)?


  6. #36

    Dammit... my wife just went back to her parents for vacation. Took her simcard and everything - so she'll miss the chance, probably.


  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Dammit... my wife just went back to her parents for vacation. Took her simcard and everything - so she'll miss the chance, probably.
    I've almost always been able to get SMS texts abroad save a couple countries, she could always just pay for coverage otherwise.
    shri and Grinnie Jax like this.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirindix:
    Question to you guys: for the registration of the consumption voucher, one requirement is that you 'have not been absent continuously from 18 June 2019 to 12 June 2022', so in case you just happen to travel just recently (before this 12 June cut-off date already) but are still employed in HK and have a rented apartment in HK, coming back soon, this should be okay (= not continuously absent even though applying while overseas)?
    2019 ?
    According to what OP posted here in his first post , for the second installment of the 10k total package the new cut off line starts in 2021.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR China
    Posts
    1,766

    Which SVF provider is everyone using for this? I'm considering AliPay since I already have an account and it seems more convenient but...


  10. #40

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    42,818
    Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Which SVF provider is everyone using for this? I'm considering AliPay since I already have an account and it seems more convenient but...
    We have 1 on octopus and 3 on TapNGo.

    Ability to load TapNGo cards on Google pay across the family makes things easier for us.
    aw451 likes this.

Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast