Like Tree41Likes

2022 Consumption Voucher - New Eligibility & Distribution Schedule

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Why is there a requirement to take tax then give it back in such a clumsy way?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3181994/hong-kong-consumption-vouchers-what-you-need-know

Those using any of the other five service providers will receive HK$2,000 on August 7 and the remaining HK$3,000 on October 1, with both vouchers expiring on February 28 next year.
    Based on what’s written in the SCMP, those of you considering absences of indeterminate duration from December this year might be well served considering providers other than Octopus.

Does anyone know how to deregister for this voucher thing? For example if you are no longer eligible based on the new criteria.

Question to you guys: for the registration of the consumption voucher, one requirement is that you 'have not been absent continuously from 18 June 2019 to 12 June 2022', so in case you just happen to travel just recently (before this 12 June cut-off date already) but are still employed in HK and have a rented apartment in HK, coming back soon, this should be okay (= not continuously absent even though applying while overseas)?

Dammit... my wife just went back to her parents for vacation. Took her simcard and everything - so she'll miss the chance, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Dammit... my wife just went back to her parents for vacation. Took her simcard and everything - so she'll miss the chance, probably.
    I've almost always been able to get SMS texts abroad save a couple countries, she could always just pay for coverage otherwise.
    shri and Grinnie Jax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirindix:
    Question to you guys: for the registration of the consumption voucher, one requirement is that you 'have not been absent continuously from 18 June 2019 to 12 June 2022', so in case you just happen to travel just recently (before this 12 June cut-off date already) but are still employed in HK and have a rented apartment in HK, coming back soon, this should be okay (= not continuously absent even though applying while overseas)?
    2019 ?
    According to what OP posted here in his first post , for the second installment of the 10k total package the new cut off line starts in 2021.

Which SVF provider is everyone using for this? I'm considering AliPay since I already have an account and it seems more convenient but...

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Which SVF provider is everyone using for this? I'm considering AliPay since I already have an account and it seems more convenient but...
    We have 1 on octopus and 3 on TapNGo.

Ability to load TapNGo cards on Google pay across the family makes things easier for us.
    aw451 likes this.

I intend to use Octopus (the physical card). I don't use any of the others atm and too lazy to set something new up.

Alipay works on Taobao no? =P but I am deeply committed to Octopus.

Tom007 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast