Like Tree36Likes

16th-29th June -ve RAT Test Required For Bars & Pubs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

16th-29th June -ve RAT Test Required For Bars & Pubs

Big one today. Not expecting much.. but might as well cover it to see what the govt has to say for themselves.

Daily Press Conference + Social Distancing Update @ 4:30PM

Attending:

1. Secretary for Food and Health, Professor Sophia Chan
    2. Director of Food and Environmental Hygiene, Ms Irene Young
    3. Director of Health, Dr Ronald Lam
    4. Principal Medical and Health Officer of the Communicable Disease Branch of the Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health, Dr Albert Au
    5. Chief Executive of the Hospital Authority (HA), Dr Tony Ko
    6. Chief Manager (Integrated Clinical Services) of the HA, Dr Larry Lee
    Livestream:
    https://webcast.info.gov.hk/revamp/eng/livecast.html

Highlights and Q&A

• Sec FH - Ms Chan: Two phases of relaxations are now completed. Social and economic activities have restarted. Daily number of cases has increased, & yesterday - 737 cases. 371 admitted in hosp, 3 in ICU and 4 passed away this week. Number of infections and admissions from elderly homes has not increased.

• This month the number of cases is expected to hit 1000+

• Resumed case / contact tracing in May and arranging CTNs + quarantine based on risk.

• Cautiously optimistic about current situation.

• CE announced that no restrictions will be lifted this month. There have been some clusters in bars / pubs etc. Law enforcement has found problems with compliance.

• Bars & Pubs: Customers before entering these premises MUST show negative RAT TEST within 24 hrs from 16th June

• Requesting people to get their 4th dose if above 60.

• Dir Health - Dr Lam: Infection rates and mutants are on the rise. 6 clusters in bars and the largest cluster the infection rate was 22% - due to extended mask off activities, more confined and people going to multiple venues.

• CE HA - Dr Ko: HA admissions are stable. # of people in the system is around 400 - stable with mild or no symptoms. Most are in hospital due to other chronic illnesses. Contingency plans are in place for isolation wards / beds to ensure there will always be surplus beds. Plans are in place to reopen Asia World and North Lantau.

• New command center been setup to handle any surges in infections / hospitalisation / resource usage. Procured 1000+ oxygen generators and other equipment. Increased coverage and abilities to treat at different venues (anti virals / oral medication etc). 300+ private doctors can treat covid patients. Care home doctors have been given access to meds.

• Dir FEHD - Ms Young: Law enforcement actions are continuing. Esp dancing, live performances, air exchange setup, mask wearing at tables, vaccination requirements of staff and customers. From 10th of June Sec FH - requires person in charge to maintain and repair equipment for air quality - failure to do thsi has a criminal penalty.

• Stren press releases are being issued!

• 752 cases locally reported - 348 PCR and 404 RAT / Self Declared & Verified. 97 imported - 40 / 39 / 18 picked up at airport, hotel and community testing. 1 death yesterday.

134 cases from 112 schools.

Q&A
    • What discussions have you had with new CE?

- We are discussing.

• How do you prove the -ve RAT test and how will CHP / Govt verify?

- Results need to be shown 24 hours before entering premises. Need to show photo with time stamp on the photo. This is already being done for staff members. If they're recovered or medical exemptions or vaccinated - all staff members do this.

- Operators have to exercise due diligence in checking - QR codes, -ve RAT photo with timestamp within 24 hours. Law enforcement will exercise the judgement that we all know is most awesome.

Last edited by shri; 14-06-2022 at 05:29 PM.

ok, so only need a negative RAT test in these cluster bars? So I just keep an old one in my pocket?

-ve RAT test will soon be for sale at the corner newstands

blandy62, tura and Mary 2 like this.

I hope HK will be normal sometime within my lifetime

Hopeful hope hopefully

AsianXpat0 and natino like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    ok, so only need a negative RAT test in these cluster bars? So I just keep an old one in my pocket?
    Time stamped photo ...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Time stamped photo ...
    Iron clad.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Time stamped photo ...
    Do we have to fax it too?
    pin, BCD, irisboards and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    Do we have to fax it too?
    One better .. ASCII art!
    blandy62, tf19 and spode like this.

You have to ask how much more farcical can this get? The bars I frequent are rigid in their application of the app rules and then taking a photograph of it. If I was a bar owner I would now seriously be thinking that I won't let anyone in until they have completed a RAT in front of me then given it to me to wait for the negative result to come through.

If FEHD/Police had gone into Escape (New Makati) last Sunday they would have seen it thronged and shut down in an instant with a couple of hundred or more $5000 fines to go with it.

Anyone still think the Sevens or Banking conference have the remotest chance of going ahead?

tf19 and hike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    You have to ask how much more farcical can this get? The bars I frequent are rigid in their application of the app rules and then taking a photograph of it. If I was a bar owner I would now seriously be thinking that I won't let anyone in until they have completed a RAT in front of me then given it to me to wait for the negative result to come through.

If FEHD/Police had gone into Escape (New Makati) last Sunday they would have seen it thronged and shut down in an instant with a couple of hundred or more $5000 fines to go with it.

Anyone still think the Sevens or Banking conference have the remotest chance of going ahead?

Hope

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast