Like Tree21Likes

Who is coming for the July 1st Party?!?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Who is coming for the July 1st Party?!?

Based on the new restrictions - home "isolation" (not really) and daily PCR testing and an honor based system, I suspect someone low - mid tier who is borderline important, but not important enough where it would matter if he / she got infected by dirty HKers and their filthy covid.

Hotel isolation now reduced to 1 week. Wonder what happened to hotel deposits... ( Yes, I'm stupid enough to think that the hotels had asked for non refundable deposits! )

To ensure the smooth running of the event, invitees are required to follow a series of preventive arrangements, including "point-to-point" closed-loop management (e.g. no public transport, no gathering) at their homes and offices from 23 June onwards, daily nucleic acid testing at government-designated testing centres, staying in government-arranged hotels for closed-loop management the day before the event, meeting vaccination requirements and making health declarations, and having family members and drivers living with them tested daily from 23 June onwards.
    https://www.hk01.com/sns/article/783287

Not changing my guess. I'm still guessing Xi won't turn up.

Greghouse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    Not changing my guess. I'm still guessing Xi won't turn up.
    I did not think he'd show up. Has he really been attending any events? Not that I stalk his instagram account, but I thought he was pretty much doing virtual meetings over snapchat or something...
    riversidejr likes this.

Lol for once esteemed invitees and elites must be dreading/hoping they dont get invite and cursing themselves for being bit too important..

BCD likes this.

Shri I am hearing they are being reduced to 1 day, specifically for this event. As yet unverified

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Shri I am hearing they are being reduced to 1 day, specifically for this event. As yet unverified
    Hotel quarantine reduced to 1 day .. honor system "no clubbing in dirty LKF clubs" or other events, and daily PCR testing for attendees and their family / helpers.

See above ...

staying in government-arranged hotels for closed-loop management the day before the event
    It was previously 7 days quarantine ... hyping up the possibility that someone senior enough would attend. Right now, it looks like they'll send Jiang Zemin...
    ByeByeEngland, Gatts and drumbrake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Hotel quarantine reduced to 1 day .. honor system "no clubbing in dirty LKF clubs" or other events, and daily PCR testing for attendees and their family / helpers.

See above ...
    well that’ll go down well with the suffering travellers, not that anyone gives a fuck

Will this VIP, whomever it may be, be required to do a week's hotel quarantine?

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    Will this VIP, whomever it may be, be required to do a week's hotel quarantine?
    Official visits are exempted... you must be new here!

(But yeah.. nice try.. )

Maybe this can set a precedent to reduce hotel quarantine to 1 day or remove?
    Remember back when hotel q was 2 weeks but all the HK bigwigs got it and only need to do 1 week in P Bay or equivalent and the hotel Q was shortly lowered to the 1 week.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast