Like Tree85Likes

Lee plans to open Border

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    But I would take a change of CE any time over CL. CL just means the same old and no chance for improvement. A change could be worse or better but sticking with the same makes no sense. And I get to sling mud at someone new if no good, new dartboard always better
    Here you are again, thinking Lam or Lee were ever in charge. Also Lee is a cop and filled his cabinet full of them, not exactly inspiring much change except for an even tighter bootstrap.

Assuming they claim they are opening up, it doesn't matter they can flip flop to close the borders anytime in Hong Kong when the cases rise up. The question is can they hold for a long period of time without any quarantine?

No change in philosophy = no escaping the contradictions, whatever futzing they do around the margins.

It was less than two weeks ago our Dear Leader said we are sticking “unswervingly” to Zero Covid. Just more fluff for those wanting to pull the wool over their own eyes.

Gatts likes this.

Let's hope people can meet their near ones (wherever they are). I know many people couldn't even attend last rides of closed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Here you are again, thinking Lam or Lee were ever in charge. Also Lee is a cop and filled his cabinet full of them, not exactly inspiring much change except for an even tighter bootstrap.
    I don't think they are in charge "in charge". But I hold the HK politicians fully responsible for the half-assness of the schemes and measures they put in place which are the cause of grief for ppl in HK. They might not have put anything in place if China didn't come into the picture but it doesn't change the fact that they are lousy at their job. So they are not going to escape my mud =P

This must be what they call, when it rains, it pours. All the HKies I know are fast and quick-witted. The cashiers and staff at the places I go to are all chop chop. All geared towards efficiency and best value. But through cataclysmic convergence of the nine realms coinciding with handover time, just when we need the best up on top here, the top ends up with ppl w innate talent for doing the exact opposite, creating solutions that will take the longest possible time and cost to get from A to B and if it reaches point B, it will portkey into another dimension of whoopass.

This is the message given to the English press (and intl readers), what's his message to the local press?

qhank likes this.

This is really, really great news! Does he has a specific year in mind?

HSY, Gatts, shri and 16 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    This is really, really great news! Does he has a specific year in mind?
    I think he is aiming to do this within his 1st term, but no promises.

There's none so blind as those who will not see...

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    And for the next trick he will square the circle.
    Given the covid-19 circus of the last two years, I think you mean he will triangle the dodecahedron.
    HSY, tf19, Peaky and 2 others like this.